Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best double for newborn twins
1  2  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 11:19 am
I'm due in December/January with twins and I'm researching doubles.
Must haves:
Attach 2 car seats
2 bassinets (I think because even if not going on walks in the winter it will be nice for the house)
Look modern (hate the city minis!)

I don't mind the bulk I have a minivan. I don't need to schlep it up any stairs.
I can afford the bugaboo but trying to justify spending that much on a stroller. Will I really get enough use out of it?

Another option is to get a snap n go double and then a regular double. Help I can't decide!
I kind of had my heart set on pushing my little twins in a bugaboo donkey. Truthfully I can always use it down the road for a singleton too.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 1:47 pm
if you can afford the donkey, go for it. Its neat and holds up well.

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:02 pm
A friend had the stroll-air and I thought it looked great. It is pretty expensive but cheaper then the bugaboo.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:09 pm
My friend has the donkey and she says its s real pain for lifting in and out of the car and bulky for pushing through stores. If you have your heart set on it though then go for it.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:14 pm
mha3484 wrote:
A friend had the stroll-air and I thought it looked great. It is pretty expensive but cheaper then the bugaboo.

I see it's $800 (about 1/3 the price of the bugaboo) and the look is pretty modern. It accommodates 2 car seats and 2 bassinets. Looks like a good option for me. Can you ask your friend if she has been overall happy with it?

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:14 pm
I'm also due with twins in December and I ordered the new donkey. It was the only double that looked halfway normal and could attach two car seats if need be. I tried pushing my friends double snap and go and it's like pushing a bus I hate it so now I'm searching for a double for the car I'm thinking of getting the Valco I hate how the citi mini looks it looks so cheap

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:15 pm
Sure. Her twins are 4 now so it might have had updates since she bought it but I can ask her over the weekend.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:21 pm
amother wrote:
I'm also due with twins in December and I ordered the new donkey. It was the only double that looked halfway normal and could attach two car seats if need be. I tried pushing my friends double snap and go and it's like pushing a bus I hate it so now I'm searching for a double for the car I'm thinking of getting the Valco I hate how the citi mini looks it looks so cheap

You sound like me Smile
What about a double umbrella stroller for the car? I would get the uppababy or mclaren for when they turn 6-8 months old.
I think the snap n goes are horrendous but they are so practical. I've never actually had one I've only seen them.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:22 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Sure. Her twins are 4 now so it might have had updates since she bought it but I can ask her over the weekend.

Thanks! I actually read some reviews online and they look terrible so I'm really unsure about this.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:24 pm
Try out the double snap and go with two babies and u will run the other direction.
I was thinking of a double umbrella but I live out of town and we do a lot of traveling so I need something that will be good for that type of stuff right from the beginning as we are supposed to go away for a siblings wedding 2 weeks after the babies are born.( I know I'm insane )

Kumphort

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:30 pm
I think if you do a lot of driving by yourself in the beginning it's necessary to have a double snap and go. Makes it so much easier for getting in and out of the car etc. after a few months you can change to an umbrella stroller if necessary

Look for a used double snap n go. People don't use them for that long so they work well as a hand me doen

mha3484

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 2:50 pm
I would be wary of the snap and go if you drive a lot. Babies should not be in a car seat for more then 2 hours at a time and if they are always from car seat to snap and back to car it is not great for them.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 5:18 pm
That's why the donkey is nice because you can use with two car seats. It will take up my whole trunk tho.
I'll probably just get the donkey just wish there was something out there just as perfect without the price tag.

yidisheh mama

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 5:21 pm
amother wrote:
I see it's $800 (about 1/3 the price of the bugaboo) and the look is pretty modern. It accommodates 2 car seats and 2 bassinets. Looks like a good option for me. Can you ask your friend if she has been overall happy with it?

Isn't the donkey around $1500?

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 5:28 pm
I just checked stroll airs website. It seems like the stroll air is $800 for the stroller with just the seats. its an extra $150 for each bassinet.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 5:39 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
Isn't the donkey around $1500?

$1800 I believe. But I think $1899 for the color frame I want.

musicmom

Post Fri, Sep 23 2016, 5:44 pm
I like the valco trimode but carseats don't snap in. It comes with infant inserts and the seats recline. That way if you need to buy a third seat this stroller still works. It is easy to push and fits through every. single. doorway.

erm

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 10:41 pm
Did you check out the baby jogger city select? It has tons of configurations.

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 11:43 pm
You have to have a double snap n go for the first year if you drive anywhere (doctor's appts, babysitter...) so count that as for sure.
I have the stroll air with air filled tires (another $200) and I think it's an amazing stroller.
My mother has the donkey and it looks beautiful but I hate pushing it. It's very heavy. I also feel my kids are much more comfortable in other strollers.

musicmom

Post Sat, Sep 24 2016, 11:43 pm
I also have the baby jogger city select. I used it with all the configurations/ basinet, car seat adaptor, etc. then added boogie board for the third.

This stroller comes apart easily to fit in your trunk. It's wheels are sturdy. If you or your husband are tall it has an adjustable handlebar. It has good wheels and is durable through inclement weather.

However.... As the kids grow it just becomes unwieldy to push. So you will enjoy with two little babies for sure.

The Valco trimode just distributes the weight a little more evenly as the kids grow.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics