Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Please help me so I don't lose my house!

Busy as a bee

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 7:46 pm
I am desperate for a job. I purchased a house about 2 years ago and they finally are finishing it now. I was very happily employed up until about 4 weeks ago when I was laid off. Now I am scrambling because the house is ready in like 2 weeks and I DON'T HAVE A JOB!!!! I have been trying and trying to find something but I can't just take any job as I need to be making a certain amount of money.... I have development/programming experience as well as project management experience and I am a hard working dedicated employee. I really give 150% at all times.
Please if anyone has any leads in the lakewood area... I will forever be grateful... Please PM me.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 8:13 pm
Hatzlacha on your job search.

jofred

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:04 pm
try looking on luach.com

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:07 pm
macherusa.com/
https://luach.com/
yidtown
hamodia, jewish press
http://parnasatova.com/

Call Professional Career Services (PCS)Phone: 718-436-1900 - they help with job finding (there located in monsey, ny, and nj. There's another ny organization that's very helpful, but I don't remember the name.

Good Luck!

rachel6543

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:13 pm
Can't help with specific job recommendations. But make sure you have a LinkedIn profile that is up to date. Also post your resume on Indeed.com and Monster.com. I'm not sure what other online job websites are popular now, but these are good places to start.

Make sure to start applying to jobs like crazy if you haven't already. Be prepared to send out a lot of resumes. Also, this is the time to Network. If you know others in your industry, email or make a phone call to let them know you're looking for a job and would appreciate it if they would let you know about any current opportunities.

Also, look into temporary agencies and temp jobs to supplement your income until you a find a more permanent position.

I was in this position two years ago when I needed to find another job ASAP. I spent a few weeks sending out tons of resumes daily. Then finally I started getting interviews and before I knew it I had three job offers in 2 days!!

Good luck!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:36 pm
Borrow money.

Rent out house.

DON'T MISS MORTGAGE PAYMENTS.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:59 pm
Have you applied for unemployment in the meantime?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics