Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bat mitzvah ideas

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Sep 25 2016, 9:31 pm
My daughter's bat mitzvah comes out right before rosh hashana so we're pushing off her party until sukkos. I'm looking for ideas of a theme for her party on chol hamoed it will basically be her class and a few relatives. I also want to send in with her to school on her birthday something special that she can give out to the class that has to do with rosh hashana. Any ideas?
Thanks

LisaS

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 2:20 am
For a sukkot party you could focus on Hidur Mitzvah. Becoming a bat mitzvah is all about the mitzvot now being obligatory, and having greater value due to the obligation and not just for chinuch. Hiddur Mitzvah is taking the mitzva even beyond what's obligated. What made me think of this was the sukka decorations, beautiful etrog and how much care we take in making our sukka pleasant. I am not sure that I would do crafts on chol hamoed but maybe you can think of another creative activity to bring out this idea.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 7:52 am
Thank you nice idea! Anyone else?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 8:22 am
This is just me, and has nothing to do with Sukkot, but I love challah bakes.
Maybe try to get an expert.
Also,if you are making invitations, you can attach them to a challah roll maybe with a honey straw, and give them out before RH.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 9:29 am
The invitation idea is so cute I think I'll do that
Thank you

cbg

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 10:19 am
Love the challah baking idea.
Don't know if it's too expensive, but maybe you can give out aprons that say I baked challahs at----- Bat Mitzvah.

http://www.kng.com/wholesale-r......html

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 10:42 am
Thanks cute idea I can get aprons in the dollar store maybe I'll get puff paint and let the girls decorate their own aprons
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children