Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Egg-free Honey Cookies~Allergy friendly

September June

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:15 pm
Just made these cookies and they are awesome! They have no eggs so they are perfect for allergies. No mixer is needed and it take only a few minutes to make.

The walnuts can be left out. I added the chocolate chips and cinnamon since I prefer it, but adjust the recipe to your taste.

Honey Walnut Cookies
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar (pref. light)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, honey and vanilla extract. Pour into flour mixture and stir until almost combined. Add the walnuts, chocolate chips and cinnamon if desired and stir until well distributed in the cookie dough.
Shape into 12 rounded balls (approx 1-inch balls) and place onto prepared baking sheet. It is easiest to shape this dough with your hands or with a small scoop.
Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
Cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes one dozen cookies.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:29 pm
Are these soft and chewy or hard and crispy?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:33 pm
Did you make it without the walnuts? If so, does it hold together well enough? Thanks!

September June

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:46 pm
The cookies were soft. They weren't super chewy because of the honey but they were definitely not hard or crispy. You do not need the nuts to hold the cookies together. I used the nuts, but another poster here made it without the nuts and said they held together well. I added the nuts at the end and the cookies held together fine without them.

Here's a picture.

rising hero

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 12:19 pm
I wanna bump up this recipe. I made it without the walnuts cinnamon or chocolate and they came out great!! My child felt so good the I made "special" honey cookies without eggs. And they taste really yummy!

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 12:30 pm
thanx ~ forwarded the recipe to my vegan daughter ...

juggling

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 1:50 pm
greenfire wrote:
thanx ~ forwarded the recipe to my vegan daughter ...

So, I was thinking about this. Do all vegans not eat honey? Would you substitute silan or maple syrup? (Silan would probably qualify as honey, from a Biblical perspective.)

I'm thinking of setting this up as a project for my kids. No eggs plus no fancy shapes, seems like a good kid-project. But I'm wondering if I could make it properly vegan by substituting for the honey.

gibberish

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 2:04 pm
Thank you! I plan to try these!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins