Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do chassidish people.realize they're dressing their boys in
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 5:41 pm
Do chassidish people realize they're dressing their little boys in gay fashion? those leggings and girly tops... do they realize what it connotes?

sourstix

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 5:50 pm
I don't think they think too much. And what about the colors? The whole thing is ridiculous! That's why the chadarim have a list of does and donts on their list. And then people complain tHat they being told what to do all thE time. If they would stick to the regular chasidish clothes none of this would happen.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 5:54 pm
I was thinking regular boys clothes?
I haven't seen those kinds of clothes on little boys anywhere in the mainstream world.

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 6:12 pm
And the trendy men? (not necessarily chassidish). I think they look, ahem, too.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 6:19 pm
It connotes nothing because the kids are 0-4, and do not yet have a libido nor a s-xual preference.

bluebird

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 6:23 pm
Absolutely zero normal people are going to look at a chassidish male and think they "dress gay", even those who are very familiar with stereotypes of gay men, religious or secular. Dress in an archaic fashion, or one that's not comfortable in the heat, yes. Gay, no.

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
Do chassidish people realize they're dressing their little boys in gay fashion? those leggings and girly tops... do they realize what it connotes?

Wow, Amethyst - you've managed to stereotype and malign Chassidish people and gay people in one sentence! Now that is an achievement. Perhaps you should consider a career in the mainstream media.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 6:35 pm
bluebird wrote:
Absolutely zero normal people are going to look at a chassidish male and think they "dress gay", even those who are very familiar with stereotypes of gay men, religious or secular. Dress in an archaic fashion, or one that's not comfortable in the heat, yes. Gay, no.

I think she means the very young children, before they start wearing the 'uniforms.' Some chassidish children are dressed very flamboyantly, boys included.
One of my very chassidish friends explained to me that by the time her son is 6 he's going to be wearing black and white for the rest of his life. This is the only time she can really dress him and have fun with it, and she goes all out.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 6:49 pm
I don't think that this is only chassidish people but I have heard of women dressing their sons in Girls skinny pants. Do they not realize that boys have an extra body part that is getting squished? Also, sometimes the pants are so tight it looks terrible.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 6:50 pm
It's not gay fashion...it's trendy fashion...who decided boys have to be dressed in baggy clothes with drab neutral colors? It makes me so happy to see kids dressed in color, whether boys or girls.

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 6:50 pm
Dunno about chassidishe little boys fashion, but men's fashion in general has gotten very tight and colorful.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:14 pm
Lol. I'm not chassidish at all and I'm sure you would say that I "dress my boys gay." All it shows is that I know fashion. Leggings are now fashionable for little boys. Go onto any European childrens clothing website. That is what they are showing. It's true that most non Jews in my area don't dress their boys fashionably. That's because they can't afford it. Go to some upper class non jewish neighborhoods and see how they dress their kids. Where do you think the Jewish boutiques get their ideas and their clothing from? And for the record, only fashionable people dress their kids fashionably. Nothing to do with chassidish or not.

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:18 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Lol. I'm not chassidish at all and I'm sure you would say that I "dress my boys gay." All it shows is that I know fashion. Leggings are now fashionable for little boys. Go onto any European childrens clothing website. That is what they are showing. It's true that most non Jews in my area don't dress their boys fashionably. That's because they can't afford it. Go to some upper class non jewish neighborhoods and see how they dress their kids. Where do you think the Jewish boutiques get their ideas and their clothing from? And for the record, only fashionable people dress their kids fashionably. Nothing to do with chassidish or not.

oh they can afford it. but they will spend there money differently. expensive designer jeans, name brand sneakers... it might not look expensive, but it certainly can be. don't know why jewish ppl are always obsessed with "european." The rest of the american world isn't.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:28 pm
octopus wrote:
oh they can afford it. but they will spend there money differently. expensive designer jeans, name brand sneakers... it might not look expensive, but it certainly can be. don't know why jewish ppl are always obsessed with "european." The rest of the american world isn't.

Not quite. I live in a trendy upper class neighborhood and the non-jewish kids are wearing Jacadi, Burberry and Armani. Oh, and everyone has a bugaboo.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:35 pm
octopus wrote:

The rich ones are. Look at how models, and actors, and singers dress. The whole fashion industry is based in europe.

(And idont mean rappers. They buy expensive sneakers.)

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:36 pm
So some people here are ok dressing their boys in skinny tight skin leggings and feminine colors hmmmm..... Interesting and then saying its fashion. Hmmm.... Interesting. We get so caught up in fashion we forget how to separate what's right and what's wrong. We need to understand and remember that a boy should not be wearing that. If you love colors and so do I then put it on yourself. Why do this to a pure innocent child? Do you really not see there is something so wrong? Just using excuses is wrong. Wearing tight fitted stuff is not ok. And girly colors is for a girl. Please don't mix up the genders. No good comes out of this.

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:
So some people here are ok dressing their boys in skinny tight skin leggings and feminine colors hmmmm..... Interesting and then saying its fashion. Hmmm.... Interesting. We get so caught up in fashion we forget how to separate what's right and what's wrong. We need to understand and remember that a boy should not be wearing that. If you love colors and so do I then put it on yourself. Why do this to a pure innocent child? Do you really not see there is something so wrong? Just using excuses is wrong. Wearing tight fitted stuff is not ok. And girly colors is for a girl. Please don't mix up the genders. No good comes out of this.

I don't buy skinny leggings for my son since it's uncomfortable for him, but I don't get why it's so wrong to do so. What "no good" can come out of dressing my 4 year old son in pink and purple?

simcha2

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:54 pm
Ok, this explains it! I live OOT but was in Lakewood a couple of months ago. There was a woman with her baby (maybe a year old) in her cart, he was wearing green leggings and top. I figured they must be very hard up and he had to wear an older girl sibling's clothes.

Yup, I don't follow fashion at all!

smile12345

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:57 pm
amother wrote:

Please, we're talking about a two year old. First start with the ladies wearing looser fitting clothes...

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:

Your post made me laugh!

What in the world can happen to my child because he wears colorful leggings ?
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics