Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Tonight Presidential debate 2016
Previous  1  2

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 26 2016, 11:37 pm
Fox wrote:
Perhaps some of the money Trump has saved by buying less TV time could be put toward a muzzle to shut him up when he starts to wander.

How about a muzzle to shut him up, period? 😀

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 8:49 am
Yep the debate changed my mind- now I KNOW America is going to h#ll in a hand basket. Never really understood that phrase- now I think I do. Hashem please watch over your children throughout the world!

hotmom

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 9:25 am
My mind changed.....
...... One thing I came to realize. Everyday that America stands as a country we have to bentch goimel.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 9:37 am
You all know "anachnu maaminim v'ein maaminim v'ein lanu al mi lehisha'ein ela al Avinu shebashamayim"?
We shouldn't wait till it gets to this point to say it. Would that we fully feel it when everything's good.

This was Trump's first one on one debate. One could say, his bad, he didn't debate Cruz. Yeah, because Cruz would have mopped the floor with him. Trump should have had the seichel to do more mock debates. At least he wouldn't have missed opportunities when certain things came up.

No, he doesn't sound presidential. Yeah, it was completely bizarre that he made a comment along the lines of, "Now Clinton's Obama's bff? Go back to those brutal debates" when now Cruz is his new bff.

I still can't vote for Clinton. I remember thinking when Obama was elected that I think it's great America came to a point when we could elect an African-American, I just wish it wasn't this one. But as Bill Bennett said then, he would be happy to be proven wrong in his assertion that things would go south in a hand basket under Obama. I can't even say that now. I simply do not want Hillary to be our first woman president. She is too deeply flawed.

I still think that between Hillary's health and possible bombshells, and Trump's totally not being ready for prime time, not to mention possible bombshells, there will be two different people heading the ticket in Nov.

Then again, why am I getting so involved? I talk as if Moshiach won't be here. Iy"H he will, and the world will see true leadership. While E"Y will be where it's at, I wish America well. It's been good to and for us. There are good people here. May they enjoy leadership who will be so in awe of Moshiach they will model themselves after him. May they enjoy the great resources and natural beauty of America to appreciate the Creator and come close to Him.

It's gonna be beautiful. Beautiful.
Believe me.

doctorima

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 10:14 am
Well-said PinkFridge!!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 11:38 am
doctorima wrote:
Well-said PinkFridge!!

Thanks!
Fox, do you want to rewatch the debates with me tomorrow? I just heard that tomorrow is official Beer Drinking Day!

Fox

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 12:25 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Fox, do you want to rewatch the debates with me tomorrow? I just heard that tomorrow is official Beer Drinking Day!

No, it was painful enough to watch once. Also, I hate beer. Tastes like carbonated oatmeal to me.

WhatFor wrote:
And now for the million dollar question: Did the debate change your mind? Did it change anyone's?

I'm still planning to vote for Trump -- working under the assumption that I'm really voting for Ivanka and Peter Thiel. I'm not wildly enthusiastic, mind you; I just prefer them to Sidney Blumenthal.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:20 pm
Fox wrote:
I'm still planning to vote for Trump -- working under the assumption that I'm really voting for Ivanka and Peter Thiel. I'm not wildly enthusiastic, mind you; I just prefer them to Sidney Blumenthal.

I don't drink beer either.
And if I vote, it'll be for Mike Pence over Tim Kaine.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 7:43 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I don't drink beer either.
And if I vote, it'll be for Mike Pence over Tim Kaine.

Look, I think that Trump is out there with the loonies for his denial of climate change. (And he has denied it. Repeatedly.) But Pence makes him look like Marie Curie. In 2000, Pence said, "Time for a quick reality check. Despite the hysteria from the political class and the media, smoking doesn’t kill.”

He signed legislation banning abortion when the fetus has genetic abnormalities.

He's said that having both parents work would lead to “stunted emotional growth” in their children.

In 2002 Pence said that “...condoms are a very, very poor protection against s-xually transmitted diseases,” and using condoms as a solution to STDs was “too modern.”

He signed a "religious freedom" law would have allowed any individual or corporation to cite religious beliefs as a defense when sued by a private party. It was later revised, on the grounds that it would have allowed discrimination against LGBT people. And, uhhh, Jews.

Are you a strong supporter of these positions?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics