Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Coughing only at night - how to evaluate?
Previous  1  2

MinnieMa

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 7:31 am
I have a child who had reflux and childhood asthma- sometimes they go together it's all related/ allergies as well. I would definitely recommend you make an appointment by a Pulminologist or possibly and ENT if you want to rule out reflux. My baby also started coughing like wild at night and during the day was fine. He had asthma and was on meds months before so I didn't put the two together. I finally went to the Pulminologist who told me night cough can be a sign of a beginning symptom to asthma and can then turn into day time.:: which I started to see when my baby laughed or ran around a lot he started coughing. Point is, you know something is not right- don't let the pediatrician say it's only a post nasal drip... Especially if you have another child with asthma. Hatzlacha! We started inhalers and albulteral and I saw such a huge change within days!

frumommy

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 4:37 pm
If you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras. Sounds like post-nasal drip. You said the child has been dealing with some allergy/cold issues of late? When the child is upright, it usually runs out the nose, but when they're lying down it drips backwards down their throat and *voila* night coughing.
Try Sudafed before bed (Sudafed original with pseudoephedrine from the pharmacist, NOT "Sudafed PE"off the shelf) and see if it helps. A second pillow or propping up in a corner a bit can help also.
If that doesn't work and it hasn't cleared up soon (b'ezras Hashem it should!)...then check into the other possibilities.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics