Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rechasim

nia73

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 10:28 am
Anyone live or have lived in Rechasim? I would love to connect/get more info.

Also any other suggestions for charedi areas in the north?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 1:51 pm
It is very nice, but very Israeli. I used to live in Haifa, and did some shopping in the Rechasim area. I have a friend who lives there now. Is there something in particular you want to know?

nia73

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 2:13 pm
We do not mind to be in an Israeli yishuv as much. But is it too insular for converts? Converts of African decent specifically. Also professionally educated in mental health and social work which could be of great service to the community. Family of 2 small children under 5 to make aliyah in the summer. May not have time to make a pilot trip but would love to get to know ladies there ahead of time.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 2:20 pm
I cannot tell you how accepting or not the community would be. I found them to be more sefardi then ashkenazi. Warm group--I taught them EMETT many years ago there. I would be happy to give you the phone number of my friend who lives there (do you speak hebrew?) if you would like to speak to her about the community. She moved there about a year or so ago. I really like it there.

nia73

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 2:32 pm
Yes please thank you. I am still working on Hebrew. We are Sephardi

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 2:57 pm
I just pm'd you the #

nia73

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 3:01 pm
Thank you

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Sep 27 2016, 3:02 pm
my pleasure- I wish you the best of luck

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:08 am
I asked a friend who is not on imamother who used to live in Rechasim what she thinks. she said the following:

It's a very nice place. Nice Sephardi community ranging from Mesorati - Charedi. Found it to overall be very accepting, warm place. There are some areas that would suit them more than others. It does have somewhat of an Anglo presence, but definitely not huge and the English speakers and Israelis are all one community.
She also said that the NBN contact person there is really helpful and you should get in touch with her if you haven't already.
Hope this is helpful.

nia73

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:43 am
Yes very helpful. Thanks so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions