Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do chassidish people.realize they're dressing their boys in
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:31 am
Am I the only one who's really enjoying seeing men in tight pants? embarrassed I wish my husband would buy tighter pants, he's still wearing pants with pleats. (I don't really want him wearing the really tight pants, but not so baggy either)

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:43 am
amother wrote:
I hope that Watergirl was not considering my post as a putdown to mommy3b2c, I actually am very sorry if that is the case. I also like mommy3b2c's posts and did not mean to offend her. I think that mommy3b3c should continue dressing her kids the way she wants and honestly IMO it is not a bad outlet since she enjoys it so much and likely keeps her a better and happier Mom. That said, it does impact me on some level. Still, I would not want mommy3b2c to stop what is obviously so enjoyable to her! That said, if anyone has advice on how to respond to my MIL in a respectful way when she complains that I am dressing my 8 year old boy like an old man (navy suit that is not "skinny pants" but not too loose IMO, nice tie, solid socks with some design, loafers) then please share.

I can't keep track of the amothers. I don't think you put me down, but you should know that what your mil is doing is extremely rude. I don't think you can blame it on how anyone dresses their kids. Rude is rude. My mil also doesn't like the way I dress my kids much of the time. She thinks it's to trendy, or to "modern". Should I blame those who dress their kids more toned down? Is it their fault that my mil likes their taste better than mine? Maybe they should be told to dress their kids trendier so that my mil will get more used to my style?

You get what I'm saying?

As for what to tell your mil, just smile and make some vague comment.

"I hear you mom, but Shlomo really loves to wear this suit." Move on with the conversation.

I am very close with my mil, so I'm more blunt. I just say, " I know you hate what their wearing, but I like it."

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
Am I the only one who's really enjoying seeing men in tight pants? embarrassed I wish my husband would buy tighter pants, he's still wearing pants with pleats. (I don't really want him wearing the really tight pants, but not so baggy either)

Nope. I finally convinced my husband to start wearing skinny pants last week. He looks great!

simcha2

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:46 am
amother wrote:
If that's the case, how did you know it was a boy (unless she changed his diaper in front of you)?

She called him by a boy name!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:48 am
amother wrote:
yippee, thanks! would you like to share? send links?

I'm terrible at the link thing. Can you explain how to do it?

Also, what prices do you want to spend on tee shirts, pants, shabbos outfits, shoes? And how old is he and what size does he wear?

Zehava

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:53 am
Mommy3b2c advice please I'm looking for a velvet upsherin suit with short pants.
Where can I find a well-fitted one that's good quality?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:54 am
amother wrote:
It's not just chasidish people. But I agree with OP, they look gay! Trust me, I grew up in a neighborhood where frum kids could pick out gay people in a crowd as easily as they could pick out a sheitel. Why do some frum people feel the need to follow fashion so closely? We need to think about what our hobbies represent!
And the cost and materialism! It's bad enough among the girls! I long for the days when we dressed our boys in argyle sweaters and vests from the children's place.

Dress your kids however you please. I don't care. Me, I don't believe in dressing little kids up. Clothes should be comfy and stetchy and, above all, washable. Like the outfit on the very adorable little boy that someone posted.

But referring to certain clothing as "gay"? Offensive.

And for the record, would your precious little children whom you are schooling in such offensive things pick out this guy?

How about this one?

Or this guy

Or this one (although I HATE the beard)

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 9:58 am
I dress my boys in H&M skinny or straight pants.
This morning my son came out of the bathroom,
with his zipper undone, and tells me Ma we have a problem,
"It wouldnt go in"
My point is.younger kids its ok. and they have to be skinny, to wear those pants.

My son grew over the summer so his pants are getting small, will go up a size.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:00 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I'm terrible at the link thing. Can you explain how to do it?

Also, what prices do you want to spend on tee shirts, pants, shabbos outfits, shoes? And how old is he and what size does he wear?

when you see something online that you like and want to share the link, go to the top of that page, you'll see where it says HTTP; with a string of gibberish, click on that. once it's highlighted, copy and paste it into the post/email...

currently I need a bunch of weekday leggings and/or skinny pants. don't want too thin. green, camel, blue. can never have enough tops either.
need size 2 or 3.
let's just say, the better the price they happier the buyer, (in my case).

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:02 am
Zehava wrote:
Mommy3b2c advice please I'm looking for a velvet upsherin suit with short pants.
Where can I find a well-fitted one that's good quality?

Hmmm. Might be hard to find, but I have another idea for you. Buy a velvet isaac mizrahi blazer. Zara just came out with beauriful winter shorts, then do a mandarin collar shirt and you are all set.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:05 am
When will people learn that TO EACH THEIR OWN?!

I saw some vile stuff on instagram over the past couple weeks and people were going crazy for it. I would never EVER dress my kid in such stuff but hey if they like it good for them. What do you CARE?!

Zehava

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:05 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Hmmm. Might be hard to find, but I have another idea for you. Buy a velvet isaac mizrahi blazer. Zara just came out with beauriful winter shorts, then do a mandarin collar shirt and you are all set.

Thanks!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:14 am
Zehava wrote:
Thanks!

Np! I feel like I should start a baby fashion blog or something Very Happy

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:19 am
I have t read the whole thread so maybe this was discussed already, but since when are colors gender specific?

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:31 am
As someone who teaches young children I will say this. Some tight pants are super hard for the kids to open the top button- I have more bathroom mishaps these days.

Also, every once in a while after lunch a child will complain of a tummy ache and I after taking them to the school nurse- no fever.... I ask them to open their top button because maybe their tummy has to "breathe"... They always giggle at my quirky humor and then they feel better.

.... maybe, just maybe, some of those tight pants are just TOO tight... for a very busy day at school??????

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:31 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I can't keep track of the amothers. I don't think you put me down, but you should know that what your mil is doing is extremely rude. I don't think you can blame it on how anyone dresses their kids. Rude is rude. My mil also doesn't like the way I dress my kids much of the time. She thinks it's to trendy, or to "modern". Should I blame those who dress their kids more toned down? Is it their fault that my mil likes their taste better than mine? Maybe they should be told to dress their kids trendier so that my mil will get more used to my style?

You get what I'm saying?

As for what to tell your mil, just smile and make some vague comment.

"I hear you mom, but Shlomo really loves to wear this suit." Move on with the conversation.

I am very close with my mil, so I'm more blunt. I just say, " I know you hate what their wearing, but I like it."

Wow, thanks for giving me a view into the other perspective. You are right! I am contributing to your MIL thinking your kids are too trendy! I never thought of that at all! I totally do get what you are saying! You are very wise. BTW, I am not being sarcastic at all (it's hard when we are not talking IRL). Thanks for the advise too, I think I like your blunt response better, thanks so much for responding.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 10:56 am
Maya wrote:
Chassidish boys don't start wearing a "uniform" until they're 13, after the bar mitzvah. Nobody starts wearing all black and white at 6.

Okay, 13. The point is there's a small window of time where they can enjoy choosing what their kid wears, until it's button down shirts and dark pants until the end of time. At some point their socks become scripted, too. So let them take an artistic license for a few years.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:21 am
amother wrote:
Wow, thanks for giving me a view into the other perspective. You are right! I am contributing to your MIL thinking your kids are too trendy! I never thought of that at all! I totally do get what you are saying! You are very wise. BTW, I am not being sarcastic at all (it's hard when we are not talking IRL). Thanks for the advise too, I think I like your blunt response better, thanks so much for responding.

Np! You sound like a really sweet person. Good luck with your mil.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 11:26 am
amother wrote:
Okay, 13. The point is there's a small window of time where they can enjoy choosing what their kid wears, until it's button down shirts and dark pants until the end of time. At some point their socks become scripted, too. So let them take an artistic license for a few years.
then you have the little boys who insist on dressing like Tatty!

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 12:33 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
And in brooklyn, tons of kids wear those shirts. They are about $60 and considered very trendy. Its all a matter of taste, and what you are used to.

$60 for a gaudy shirt?
For a toddler?
That's nuts.

Another trend I am happy to pass on.
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics