Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Israeli house and rent prices
1  2  Next

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:32 am
Hi just wondering if someone could point me to a website that lists houses/apartments for sale or rent in Israel. (I suppose I could Google...)

Particularly interested in the Katamon/Talbia/Moshava Germanit type area

Or

The shlav of Ramat Beit Shemesh that is most modern orthodox

Or

A moshav that is like Efrat but not in Yehuda /Shomron (if there is such a thing)

If anyone could give me an idea of how much it costs to rent or buy in those area that would also help.

Obviously it depends what you want to buy but I've got no idea if you are looking at $500k or $5M, or any clue about rent.

TIA.

grace413

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:37 am
http://www.yad2.co.il

Try this. They have ads for both sale and rent.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:37 am
http://www.yad2.co.il/

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:42 am
You guys are faster than Google.

Is there a way to flip to English that I can't see? I can do it in Hebrew but it's a chore....

grace413

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:48 am
Sorry, I think it's only in Hebrew.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:50 am
try google translate

Smile1234

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 1:15 am
http://www.diradirect.com/

MitzadSheini

I found this

http://www.buypropertyinisrael.com/

I'll start there and move onto the site you suggested.

And I see diradirect has English too. Thanks!

Last edited by MitzadSheini on Thu, Sep 29 2016, 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Denim

janglo also has some stuff in english but tends to be pricey

chanchy123

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 1:44 am
MitzadSheini wrote:
I found this

http://www.buypropertyinisrael.com/

I'll start there and move onto the site you suggested.

And I see diradirect has English too. Thanks!

I would guess an English language website would probably more expensive and have less options.

byisrael

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 3:59 am
http://www.janglo.net/index.ph.....d=170

treestump

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 4:04 am
If you have Facebook, there are a lot of groups there that have listings. I found they had many options that were cheaper than Janglo and the other Anglo sites.

Yad2 had the cheapest prices, but even with Google translate, I found the site very difficult to read and navigate.

byisrael

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 4:17 am
AS an immigrant contacting a real estate agent will probably save you a LOT of money.

They will be able to give you a price range and scour all the sites for your perfect property. I work for a spell as a secretary at re/max and would recommend felicia mizrahi -cause she was the nicest to work with and the most knowledgeable...
http://www.remax-israel.com/mizrachif

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 5:27 am
Ok... So I also am finding yad2 difficult.

But the area around katamon- I always knew it was expensive, but it's really really expensive.

Is there anywhere else that you could suggest in Yerushalayim that had a similar Anglo ish feel but is perhaps more for families (rather than singles) but is a bit further out perhaps whilst still being in Jlem. Maybe Ramot? (what's it really like there) Or somewhere else ?

Going to check out Modiin and RBS next, but where else is there?

essie14

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 5:52 am
Katamon/Rehavia/Baka is outrageously expensive.
Ramot will be more affordable and Ramot Bet has a nice Anglo DL community.
But it's still Jerusalem (read: expensive).
Ramat Bet Shemesh is vastly cheaper than Jerusalem, Modiin is more expensive than RBS.
If you want to live in the merkaz, Rehovot is really nice.

Marion

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:03 am
Maale Adumim? We're creeping closer to Jerusalem in rent prices but still nowhere near that amount if you can buy.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:19 am
MitzadSheini wrote:
Ok... So I also am finding yad2 difficult.

But the area around katamon- I always knew it was expensive, but it's really really expensive.

Is there anywhere else that you could suggest in Yerushalayim that had a similar Anglo ish feel but is perhaps more for families (rather than singles) but is a bit further out perhaps whilst still being in Jlem. Maybe Ramot? (what's it really like there) Or somewhere else ?

Going to check out Modiin and RBS next, but where else is there?
Mitzadsheini, ALL of jerusalem is expensive.
Maybe tell us your price range (if you want) and we can either look around for you or tell you where you may find something in that price range.
And I hate to break it to you, but modiin and rbs are not so cheap either.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:20 am
You absolutely need a realtor, even for a rental. Windemere is good, but they tend to prefer to handle high end properties. I also second ReMax.

In my town I found a realtor that was highly recommended, and I am SO happy I did. He didn't just find us an awesome apartment in our price range, he helped translate all the documents, found some furniture for us to rent before our lift arrived, and when I got sick he drove me to the doctor and translated for me. He really held my hand for the first 2 months, and I still call him whenever I need help finding a plumber, an electrician, a mover, or someone to assemble IKEA book shelves. Worth every shekel, and then some!

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:42 am
You may need a realtor if you have no Hebrew, but be careful. Most realtors just want to sell. When we had our place up for sale in the past, realtors would tell us they had an anglo or French buyer who was willing to pay higher prices (ie had no idea what price really was).
Dont count on the realtor to tell you a place is too expensive.
We bought and sold a few times on yad2. There too some places are listed for more than they are worth.
On the madlan site you can see what places have sold for in the past.
If you type in 'ad' and the area, you should enter a site that shows you a collection of all the ads of places for sale there. With some research you can often reach an owner privately rather than paying 1 or 2% to an agent.

byisrael

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:55 am
Tablepoetry I have worked in the real state field in israel for a while and I beg to disagree.

While there are MANY unscrupulous agents ( like used car dealers) who will look to take advantage of the chutznikim AND the sellers, I have seen families get "great deals" on yad 2 only to later find out that they ended up paying much more then 2% above the market price thru yad 2.

As a rule sellers on Yad 2 price the properties 50-100,000 NIS above mareket value not because they are trying to rip you of but because they heard that their neighbor sold for x sum and my house is much nicer because of xyz. Madlan is not the most accurate website if you are DIY rishut hamissim
https://taxes.gov.il/Services/......aspx with Itur gush chelka of the property.

I would not recommend this for a non hebrew speaker.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions