Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Cholent put up Thursday night?

Lizajen

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:51 pm
I've never made my cholent in my crockpot on Thursday night. I'm thinking of doing it tonight, as the kids can then have some Friday afternoon. Is it safe to leave a crockpot on for 48 hours? If so, does anyone have a great cholent recipe that I can make to night? What do I do in terms of lowering the knob from high to low? How much water, etc..

bookie

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:02 pm
My cholent gets put up at 7:30 in the morning and we are able to eat from it at three pm. I have left my crockpot on for three day yomim tovim so would not worry about that.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:19 pm
I put mine up Thurs early p.m.,just keep adding water if it looks like it's drying out.

Lizajen

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:36 pm
Is it too late now, at 9pm to put it up, and leave it on high through the night? Any great, no fail recipe, and way to do it? Thanx.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:44 pm
Leaving the crockpot on for two days should be fine but beware that the cholent will have a very overcooked taste by the time the shabbos day meal comes around.

tichellady

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:51 pm
Does your crockpot have a keep warm setting on it

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 9:14 pm
Lizajen wrote:
Is it too late now, at 9pm to put it up, and leave it on high through the night? Any great, no fail recipe, and way to do it? Thanx.

Why would you need to put it to high at all? I've put mine up raw minutes before shabbos on low and by morning it is fully cooked and ready to eat.

farina

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 9:22 pm
I always do it on Thursday and my kids eat it for lunch on FFriday.put in on low right before Shabbat .it should be delicious.

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 10:00 pm
I make it Thursday night and it tastes great very rich taste. Usually just add more water right before shabbos
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus