Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Miserably Biased Lester Holt on Trump Clinton Debate
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:49 pm
And just to add, this really bothers me as well.

chaiz

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:52 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
And just to add, this really bothers me as well.

I don't think that is from Trump's account. It looks like his son's account.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:54 pm
chaiz wrote:
I don't think that is from Trump's account. It looks like his son's account.

You are right. I am wrong.

Jeanette

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 10:25 pm
I'm bothered by his weight. He's a fat pig. A disgusting fat pig. Look at his face. How could anyone vote for that?

ectomorph

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 10:28 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I'm bothered by his weight. He's a fat pig. A disgusting fat pig. Look at his face. How could anyone vote for that?
wow, that is superficial

marina

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:01 pm
ectomorph wrote:
wow, that is superficial

I think she's being sarcastic and using Trump's words against him.

marina

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:05 pm

marina

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:08 pm

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 8:53 am
SixOfWands wrote:
That's not the only thing that bothers me.

I'm bothered by his casual sexism. The fact that he sees nothing wrong with referring to women as "fat" or "ugly." Saying that Clinton doesn't look "presidential" (which he later denied). http://talkingpointsmemo.com/l.....-look

I'm bothered by his assumption that Christians are best. From his statement that he would ban Muslm immigration to the US (now retracted, sort of, maybe) to his asking those who are not "conservative Christians" to raise their hands at a rally (supposedly a joke, not a funny one IMNSHO)

blob:https://vine.co/9829d88b-7265-46b7-ab02-1f58ff97ad4e

I don't like Trump, and I will not number the ways. But I did hear the clip and frankly, I wasn't offended. I wasn't rolling but it wasn't bad.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 8:55 am
SixOfWands wrote:
You are right. I am wrong.

I'd say apples and trees but wonder if it was a friendly attack on Ivanka Wink

Fox

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 9:32 am
chaiz wrote:
Fox, I do have to give you credit for not saying she is not worthy just because she is smug or because she has a smirk or because she laughs funny or because I don't know what.

Lol! How did I miss this?

Yes, I am also very articulate and a credit to my race.

farm

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 10:54 am
When you compare transcripts of their answers to questions, Trump is all over the place, repetitive, bumbling, and sometimes has a insightful tangent thrown in here or there (sometimes) while Clinton is a rehersed, coherent and polished political double talker. Sounds so smart and on the point but zero tachlis and no useful information out of her entire soliloquy. I agree with Pink Fridge- neither of these 2 could possibly be the next US president!

Fox

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:13 pm
farm wrote:
When you compare transcripts of their answers to questions, Trump is all over the place, repetitive, bumbling, and sometimes has a insightful tangent thrown in here or there (sometimes) while Clinton is a rehersed, coherent and polished political double talker. Sounds so smart and on the point but zero tachlis and no useful information out of her entire soliloquy. I agree with Pink Fridge- neither of these 2 could possibly be the next US president!

True. In the back and forth, we often forget that virtually no one is arguing that her preferred candidate is good -- rather that her preferred candidate is the lesser of two dreadful choices.

Some of my friends are big Gary Johnson supporters, but he seems a little out of it to me. Though I hate to reinforce the stereotype of bitcoin, weed, and hacking . . .

I'm terrible at starting threads, but I'd be curious as to everyone's theories about why the quality of "presidential timber" seems to be consistently declining.

farm

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:20 pm
P'nei hador kp'nei hakelev... Sad

Jeanette

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 2:27 pm
farm wrote:
When you compare transcripts of their answers to questions, Trump is all over the place, repetitive, bumbling, and sometimes has a insightful tangent thrown in here or there (sometimes) while Clinton is a rehersed, coherent and polished political double talker. Sounds so smart and on the point but zero tachlis and no useful information out of her chentire soliloquy. I agree with Pink Fridge- neither of these 2 could possibly be the next US president!

On candidate can basically handle herself, one goes off the rails when he's not kept on a tight leash. Let's see, which do I choose as commander in chief?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 2:37 pm
farm wrote:

No useful information? Really?

Honoring national commitments. Role in NATO. Possible use of cyberattacks. Reference to her plans relating to ISIS (which General MacArthur wouldn't like at all!). Eliminate private prisons (and we should ALL agree on this one). Gun control. Climate change.

But a debate isn't a real forum for in-depth policy discussion. Her positions are all out there.

As USA Today's editorial board today said (http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/09/29/dont-vote-for-donald-trump-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/), if you don't like Clinton, don't vote for her. But don't vote for Trump, or pretend that her issues are anywhere near his.

T
Quote:
his year, the choice isn’t between two capable major party nominees who happen to have significant ideological differences. This year, one of the candidates — Republican nominee Donald Trump — is, by unanimous consensus of the Editorial Board, unfit for the presidency.

From the day he declared his candidacy 15 months ago through this week’s first presidential debate, Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he lacks the temperament, knowledge, steadiness and honesty that America needs from its presidents.

Whether through indifference or ignorance, Trump has betrayed fundamental commitments made by all presidents since the end of World War II. These commitments include unwavering support for NATO allies, steadfast opposition to Russian aggression, and the absolute certainty that the United States will make good on its debts. He has expressed troubling admiration for authoritarian leaders and scant regard for constitutional protections.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 5:52 pm
I'm actually stumped right now because I have problems with both candidates, really with both political parties...

chavamom

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 2:11 am
I didn't read all the responses, but does everyone realize that the "horribly biased" Lester Holt is a Republican?
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics