Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
LA Community

amother

Post Sat, Jun 23 2007, 9:07 am
What's it like? My dh is possibly interested in us moving there, so please tell me all you can about it. We are Lub., so info about that part of the community is much appreciated, but I'd like to hear about the community as a whole as well. Are there different areas with frum people? If so, what is each section like (type of people, etc.)? What are the names of the areas (or major streets/boundaries)? What is the overall feeling in the community (warm, open, unfriendly, whatever)? Is it easy to get around without a car or does every family need two cars to get by? How much is real estate?

Thanks!

amother

Post Sat, Jun 23 2007, 11:32 pm
I'm from there but don't live there now. There are a few main areas- Pico Robertson, the La Brea area, and the Valley which is a bit cheaper. In general real estate is astronomical. Though I guess it is relative to where you come from. In Pico Robertson houses cost about 1 mil. Most of the young couples rent, still very expensive. But it is beautiful. Does your husband have a job there? That would be a good start. Do you have any specific questions?

Piper

Post Sat, Jun 23 2007, 11:51 pm
It is very expensive there. homes are cute, but small, on small lots. But shuls of all flavors are there, and markets, shops, etc. But, the crime rate is high once you step out of the area. Y

Now, a lot of lubuvitch are moving to ventura county in the conejo valley. It is more suburban and less city like, very little crime, and less expensive. the encino area of the valley is nice, but again, very $$$$.

You most likely will need a car. It is southern california, after all. everyone drives.

A home in the frum areas could easily go between $800k to over a mil. Shocking, I know.

Oh, the Cunin family are the lub bigwigs of LA. I would contact them for any info you might need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics