Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fake lashes for rosh hashana?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 9:44 pm
I've never worn fake lashes before because mine are good with regular mascara. For rosh hashana I got the brainwave to try fake lashes so that hopefully it would last till the second day and I wouldn't look so bare faced. (by the second day I have almost no make up left). Has anyone tried this before? I am thinking the individual lashes are better than a whole set because I don't want it to be too dramatic looking. How long do lashes last if you don't remove the glue? Anyone try this before?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:23 pm
bump

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:38 pm
You don't really have time to try it though.

I've worn faux lashes without any problem, until one wedding that was on a Thursday night recently. I decided not to take them off that night so they'd be on for the Shabbos sheva brachos.

Well, sleeping with them caused me to wake up with swollen eyes, and I missed the whole Shabbos partying.

agreer

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:03 am
I saw a makeup artist I know in lakewood advertising this service.

I think it will definitely help you look better - fake lashes are gorgeous... but you may want to have them professionally applied for more than one day.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 7:22 am
Thanks for the warning about puffy eyes!

Is there a problem with applying on the chag?

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 11:23 am
amother wrote:
I've never worn fake lashes before because mine are good with regular mascara. For rosh hashana I got the brainwave to try fake lashes so that hopefully it would last till the second day and I wouldn't look so bare faced. (by the second day I have almost no make up left). Has anyone tried this before? I am thinking the individual lashes are better than a whole set because I don't want it to be too dramatic looking. How long do lashes last if you don't remove the glue? Anyone try this before?

to my understanding, there are diff types of lashes and diff types of glue.

I had a simcha last yr, I got individual lashes, and got a strong glue put on that make it last a few days. (the simcha was a thursday night and shabbos simcha) I got it done on Thursday.. It lasted thru shabbos

For my wedding for example, the mua did not use such strong glue, and told me it wouldnt last till the next day.

I had another extended weekend simcha, and the mua also told me it wouldnt last more than a day.

the first mua, I know she told me she did it for someone for chanuka for example, someone wanted to look all pretty for all their chanuka parties.. and it would last all week. and she does yom tov makeup.

a salon next to me does 2 week eyelash extensions, too.

hope this helps

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:
to my understanding, there are diff types of lashes and diff types of glue.

I had a simcha last yr, I got individual lashes, and got a strong glue put on that make it last a few days. (the simcha was a thursday night and shabbos simcha) I got it done on Thursday.. It lasted thru shabbos

For my wedding for example, the mua did not use such strong glue, and told me it wouldnt last till the next day.

I had another extended weekend simcha, and the mua also told me it wouldnt last more than a day.

the first mua, I know she told me she did it for someone for chanuka for example, someone wanted to look all pretty for all their chanuka parties.. and it would last all week. and she does yom tov makeup.

a salon next to me does 2 week eyelash extensions, too.

hope this helps

I'd love to hear about the two week lash extensions. Where is the salon located? I'm in Brooklyn, NY

MamaBear

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 2:18 pm
I have two things to add:

1. Fake lashes, extensions etc when applied correctly look amazing.

2. When applied incorrectly, look absurd. Be careful not to embarrass yourself. (have it done professionally for now and then going forward you can play around with it yourself)

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 2:56 pm
What if they start to peel off on yomtov and you need to remove them, but you can't in case hairs are pulled out?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 5:18 pm
Why don't you get more permanent ones done? they last at least 6 weeks. They look very natural

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 01 2016, 3:33 pm
I wouldn't experiment with something like this before a 2-day yom tov. Too risky. What if you are allergic to the glue? What if they start to peel off and you need to adjust/remove them?

I'd just go without mascara for a couple of days.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Oct 01 2016, 5:29 pm
Why not get your lashes tinted/dyed?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Oct 01 2016, 8:21 pm
OP here, so guys, I did an experiment this shabbos. I wore ardell individual lashes and used uno dark tone glue. They looked really good and natural. There was minor discomfort, but they were ok to sleep in. Two fell out of my right eye at night, and the rest stayed in through shabbos. I was mighty excited to get them off motzai shabbos though. I don't think these will work for a two day because if they bother me I will take it off, and have nothing on my eyes, whereas when I leave my mascara alone, at least a tiny bit will be there the second day.

I also researched the eyelash extensions that last between 4-6 weeks, but it is 150$ and takes two hours to apply! How about the two week ones, how long do they last? Is there a glue I can buy at home that will make them last longer?

Also I was wondering about a make up tattoos, how does that work, are there temporary ones, how does it work for mikva, etc...? Anyone know about this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics