Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
It's soo hard right now :-(
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 5:48 pm
Many years ago DH worked for the welfare office (different state).
Don't these offices still exist.
Google search.
Go to the office, see how they can help you.
I'm almost positive the chances of finding someone from your community working there is slim.

Perhaps what I'm saying is ridiculous because everything is done on line now a days.

There is help out there.

Also, your debt, can you call the debt company and work out a deal with them. Much lower interest rate

Is it all from medical bills.

I know that Medicaid has a bail out program. No sure what it's called.

You need to make an appt and go in person. Take all your bills, tax returns, pay stubs, etc.

The day you are able to you will pay it forward.ml

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 6:14 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I was wondering the same thing, just didn't want to get off topic. What a ride thing to do. Maybe I should start a spinoff. Or maybe from now on I should charge admission to my kids birthday parties. Sounds like I could make good money off of it.

So embarrassed now. Apparently I must just be really sensitive to spending money now and probably just misunderstood. There's not actually anything on the invitations saying that I need to pay for admission anywhere.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:03 pm
amother wrote:
So embarrassed now. Apparently I must just be really sensitive to spending money now and probably just misunderstood. There's not actually anything on the invitations saying that I need to pay for admission anywhere.

Please don't be embarrassed . Who's there to be embarrassed from?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 7:12 pm
OP, I have a container of good maternity clothes, mostly size medium. Can I arrange to send to you?

animeme

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:

How would you know if you're new to the situation? Now you spoke with some people, and got some new information. You now have that information and can act based on it. No big deal. Hopefully this can bring some positivity to your situation in the future.

And please don't let the embarrassment keep you from applying for benefits. I have missed out on a lot of opportunities because I was worried about what people would think of me.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:13 pm
I'm wondering if you can call the LRRC in Lakewood - a frum agency that helps people apply for nj family care and other program free of charge. I imagine that they would be able to at least give you/email the appropriate forms and point you in the right direction. 732-942-9292. You can also google them for their website and put in an inquiry online.

Hatzlacha!

justforfun87

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:34 pm
You can certainly get free health insurance while pregnant, way easier to qualify! Please don't sabotage the kid's making friends over presents. I can almost guarantee you that the parents don't notice/care when gifts are not given. I honestly hate getting gifts, clutters up the house.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 8:51 pm
I've noticed that the kids don't open up the presents at the birthday party where I live so it's not obvious who gave and who didn't.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:29 pm
bepositive wrote:
I would like to help you financially. pls pm me asap. I am waiting to hear from you.

Thank you, that is very kind of you! I had tears in my eyes when I read your post. Heart

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:31 pm
ra_mom wrote:
OP, I have a container of good maternity clothes, mostly size medium. Can I arrange to send to you?

Thank you so much, that's very kind of you! I need size xl though, so it won't work, but thank you very much for the offer!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 11:39 pm
Thank you everyone for your kind and helpful posts!l. They mean a lot to me. I've been feeling pretty alone the last few days.

I don't know how, I don't know who, but someone just dropped off 4 bags of food on our doorstep tonight. The doorbell rang and by the time we got to the door a car was speeding off. I have no idea if it was due to this thread-no one here really knows us, I have no idea how anyone could have read the thread and realized it was us, and if it had nothing to do with the thread I have no idea who here could possibly know that we are having a hard time. Whoever it was, they brought pretty much everything we need for Rosh Hashana-chicken, potatoes and lots of other veggies, lettuce, challah.

Whoever you are, if you're on here, thank you! We are very moved. My children were ecstatic and I was moved to tears. May Hashem bless you with many blessings in the upcoming year! Shana tova!

Iymnok

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 4:42 am
I'm so happy for you!
You would be surprised how many people understand.
I feel that most families have hit a really hard spot financially at one point or another.

byisrael

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 4:52 am
Wow!

Mi Keamcha Yisrael!
I am so happy for you!

Chew21

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 4:58 am
OP wow I'm really crying for you!!! Mi Kiamcha yisrael!!! I will be davening for you this year! I Also have some really pretty clothing from Pregnancy to give. I was very small so mainly size medium looser tops. Please pm me if interested. Really wish I can do more!!

kollel wife

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 10:25 am
I don't know your income, but you should be able to get NJ Family Care esp when expecting as the income guidelines and much lower. If you go to a clinic/hospital, you may be able to get on right away like that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics