Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Please help me wean my toddler!!!
Previous  1  2

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 9:24 pm
Yes, it is better if things go smoothly.

However.

It is better if the first true dang-it-all moment of life comes at home. It is worse if one's first tmiserable frustration occurs among strangers at, say, school or camp. That would hurt much worse.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Thu, Jan 21 2016, 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 9:32 pm
If your nursing time isn't so structured that you can cut out the x o'clock feed, then pick a 3 hour block during which you're not going to nurse. Find other stuff to do during that time and do not give in. It should take a few days, once you're confident he's done with that time, then move on to the next block of time. At the end, you'll be left with before nap and before bed and first thing in the morning. Those will probably be the toughest to end.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
If your nursing time isn't so structured that you can cut out the x o'clock feed, then pick a 3 hour block during which you're not going to nurse. Find other stuff to do during that time and do not give in. It should take a few days, once you're confident he's done with that time, then move on to the next block of time. At the end, you'll be left with before nap and before bed and first thing in the morning. Those will probably be the toughest to end.

How should I end those? Any ideas?

cheerios

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 11:24 pm
I found that with an unstructured nursing schedule it was hard to cut out one feeding at a time or even a block of time. I cut out day feeding except for naps. I told him "only for sleeping time" so he still had 1-2 nursings during the day, and also the night. The 2nd step for me was crying it out at night, which ended the nap nursings as well.

rfeig613

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 10:30 am
It sounds like he's maybe not ready to wean.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics