Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cheapest modern orthodox communities in LI?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 12:20 pm
I know that Long Island isn't considered "cheap" for living, but which town is the "cheapest". We're not looking into buying, we're looking into renting a 3 bedroom apartment/house...how much would that be? Also, it has to have some good modern orthodox elementary schools and not far from shuls (I prefer a mix of people... with sepharadim as well). Any idea?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 29 2016, 1:08 pm
A couple of years ago I would have suggested North Woodmere, but now it's the "cool" place to move and prices have gone up. You can try Inwood, Hewlett, or maybe Bayswater. Those are all in the 5 Towns area.

It might be worth your while to check out neighborhoods a little further afield. Great Neck has a sizeable Sephardic contingent but might be too pricey for you. Oceanside has been trying to encourage young families to move in so might offer incentives. Long Beach has been recovering from Hurricane Sandy and might work if you're willing to chance it.

nylon

Post Sat, Oct 01 2016, 11:41 pm
Renting anywhere is chancy. Five towns might have more. In a lot of Long Island towns it's take what you can get.

Great Neck is generally pricey. Long Beach has the most rentals, but wouldn't be my top choice otherwise. West Hempstead is probably cheapest. I don't know what the current situation is in New Hyde Park. Plainview, Merrick, and Oceanside are all smaller and cheaper, but rentals are hard to find.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating