Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to clean grimy stainless steel pan?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 11:26 am
My pans get horrible on the outside. The insides are shiny and clean because I soak them and the grime comes off easily. But the outsides don't get soaked and the grime gets baked on and the steel is discolored and dirty. Some of it comes off with long hard scrubbing but some is just stained and won't come off. What can I use to soak it or scrub it to get off the outside grime?

Also, what a good way to soak pots with hard to reach areas? Like the grooves in the handles are hard to get into and clean but they're still dirty, is there a way to soak them so they'll be clean?

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 11:36 am
what company?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 11:39 am
Not sure...I can check when I get home...but they're stainless steel inside and outside.

Google says that the dark stains are from oil that got burned on.

Teomima

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 4:08 pm
Try a paste of baking soda and water, leave it on overnight, the next day shpritz it with diluted vinegar and wipe it away (use a toothbrush for hard-to-reach bits). For the remaining grime, try soaking in hot water with dish soap. Leave overnight. Then scrub off with steel wool. Shouldn't take much elbow grease after that.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 4:29 pm
Bar Keepers Friend powder, follow the directions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry