Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where to buy clothes for plus size little girl

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 2:01 pm
Where do you shop for an 8 year old who is overweight? Her approximate size now is womens size small. But I don't want her to look like she's wearing my clothing. It is really frustrating.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 2:08 pm
Try Old Navy. The clothes run big and they have kids sizes that go up high

willymom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 2:39 pm
Thats so hard..I was that chubby little girl its no fun..I feel like its easier today the ladies clothing in department stores etc come in bright colors..fun prints and styles..8 and 80 dress the same..

gande

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 8:42 pm
Gymboree and Janie and Jack clothes usually run wide.

mom2be1

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 8:46 pm
Gap and old navy have plus sizes

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 10:45 am
Thanks for all the suggestions. She has outgrown gymboree and janie. Gap and old navy have very limited choices in plus size.

Any other suggestions?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 11:34 am
I find gap and old navy run small. Landsend used to have more plus size girls, but they still have a few. It's worthwhile to buy the cute t-shirts from them, even though very expensive. Skirts is tough in general, at this age, so I have to go to jewish stores for that. I only buy elastic. I don't scrimp on price. I want my girl to look good.

bnm

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 11:36 am
My daughter wears Gap plus size. Zara stuff that we alter. She used to wear Mini Boden 1 style but she outgrew it. I have had some success with OshKosh size 12 depending on the style. I supplement with stuff from jewish stores that we alter.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 11:47 am
IMy dd is a little bigger too and it's very difficult to find clothing for her. I actually just discovered that Sears has a great selection of girls clothing that fits my dd, maybe you could try there?

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 12:40 pm
What about junior section. Generally the styles are for tweets and teens and not women.

SingALong

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 6:26 pm
Just saw my neighbors daughter, about that age and chubby wearing a dress that was presented in a teen line, I think a few frum stores carry this company but I don't remember the name. Mother probably hemmed it and maybe raised the waist line to coordinate for her figure. It looked fantastic and flattering on her. Plus it was age appropriate as a 1 piece dress and a cute young colorful pattern.

chanchy123

Post Sat, Aug 13 2016, 4:09 pm
Try plus sized kids clothes. they start from 10.5 usually - you can find a selection on Amazon.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Aug 13 2016, 10:11 pm
there are many jewish kids clothing lines that go up to a size 20. it might be a little more expensive... but definitely age appropriate

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 12:01 am
amother wrote:
there are many jewish kids clothing lines that go up to a size 20. it might be a little more expensive... but definitely age appropriate

Hi, can you name the stores that carry up to size 20?
I really appreciate!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 12:12 am
I think you're talking about ladida in Lakewood's Ava and lu teen line. Pricey but pretty stuff. Good luck!

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 12:36 am
my dd wears a 14+ in Gap and she's not yet 10. She's nearly 5' tall, and is almost out of girls' sizes, but the juniors doesn't look right on her yet. :/

She wears pants outside of school so we do stick to Gap for that, theirs fit her well--but the dresses can be skimpy on length even if you only need at the knee much less below. Hanna Andersson is cut generously (also they have the best, thickest tights). Old Navy is okay not great. Lands End sometimes (definitely their coats).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics