Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Sell on amazon
1  2  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 1:26 pm
Hi,
I'd like to sell on Amazon. Anyone can help me out with this? I read some articles. But I know there are tricks on getting your product on the first page etc..,
Also I have never put anything up on Amazon yet, so I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 1:32 pm
Hi I'm a big seller on eBay and a bit on amazon so I can help you
What kind of items are you thinking of selling and where are you getting them from?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 2:40 pm
following...

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 3:12 pm
Http://thesellingfamily.com has great courses.'

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:
Hi I'm a big seller on eBay and a bit on amazon so I can help you
What kind of items are you thinking of selling and where are you getting them from?

It's a new product which I'll be manufacturing.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 16 2016, 4:42 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
Http://thesellingfamily.com has great courses.'

Thanks! Any other help is really appreciated. Any advice from experienced sellers?

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 10:02 am
Anyone have any more advice?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 17 2016, 11:10 am
Ok if it's a new product it will take a very long time to build up because people buy branded stuff on amazon and only items with reviews.
When you list it you should ask a lot of people with Amazon accounts to leave a review on the item and it can take you at least a year or more to build up the listing.
You definitely won't make money from it in the beginning.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:47 am
What items would you recommend o sell? It seems a new item is much harder to sell.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 19 2016, 12:58 am
I have a lot of experience selling on eBay and Amazon but don't know how to find stuff to sell.. Anyone have advice on that?

Seems like the price war is so steep it's so hard to make a profit.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 7:25 am
I would like to bump up this thread.
how much money do you need to start selling on amazon? I read an article online that said several thousand dollars?
all in all, what is the work involved in selling on amazon, and is there a decent profit? what do you do on a day to day basis for the business?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 06 2016, 9:03 am
I am an Amazon seller for about 2-3 years.
But have been selling on ebay for many years and have close family selling on Amazon for a while.

Ebay is much more simple. It's straightforward.
Amazon is a whole different ballgame.

I think it's impossible to explain how Amazon works on this thread.
It takes a lot of personal experience to "chap" what strategies work for your product and how to work with Amazon's algorithm.
People pay thousands of dollars for Amazon courses, it's not something that one can learn quickly and easily. You really need to delve into it, acquire as much knowledge as possible and start working on it to gain your own experience.

Finding products is a story for itself. You should research well to see what products sell before deciding on a product. New products are harder to sell but they can sell! I've sold new products and branded products. It was definitely easier to sell the branded ones but you can also work your way up to sell a new one.

There are experts who have tricks on how to search Amazon to see what products sell best, have the lowest ranking etc. And according to that they go searching for products.
There are all these apps and programs, some are free and some cost money, to be able to figure all this out.

Before you invest in a product make sure to do tons of research.

I don't think you need to invest thousands of dollars. But you will need to some money to invest to: Learn Amazon, Purchase products, For your Listings.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 11:08 am
can I sell the products to some friends not through amazon and then list my product on amazon and ask them to write reviews? this way I have reviews right away.
is that something that can be done?
or do reviews have to come just if it was purchased on amazon.

overworked

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 1:40 pm
pm me I'm a pro seller on amazon

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
can I sell the products to some friends not through amazon and then list my product on amazon and ask them to write reviews? this way I have reviews right away.
is that something that can be done?
or do reviews have to come just if it was purchased on amazon.

Amazon only keeps reviews if they see the person purchased the product .
Also you can't give people items for free (by sending a coupon) and ask them to write a review

overworked

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 2:51 pm
you can have your friend purchase any item from your account & you make a shipping label & dont send the item . you will just send them a check /credit { in a regular envelope }for the item they purchased .amazon has no clue that you never really send the item. because your friend will leave a positive feedback & want complain that item never arrived good luck

Chew21

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 12:02 pm
Bumping up this thread. I am an experienced ebay seller for many years but have barely any experience with Amazon. I am looking to sell some electronics and smartwatches etc on Amazon as well. I understand I need to be an approved seller. How would I go about doing this?

Chew21

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 9:17 pm
Bump

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 9:20 pm
Chew21 wrote:
Bumping up this thread. I am an experienced ebay seller for many years but have barely any experience with Amazon. I am looking to sell some electronics and smartwatches etc on Amazon as well. I understand I need to be an approved seller. How would I go about doing this?

Open an amazon professional selling account.

Dollyz

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 9:27 pm
overworked wrote:
you can have your friend purchase any item from your account & you make a shipping label & dont send the item . you will just send them a check /credit { in a regular envelope }for the item they purchased .amazon has no clue that you never really send the item. because your friend will leave a positive feedback & want complain that item never arrived good luck

Over a year later, and this isn't accurate anymore. Amazon now tracks the shipment information you enter to make sure it shipped out on time.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics