Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Reserving Shabbos meals Jerusalem hotels before flying to Is

Lilibet

Post Fri, Oct 07 2016, 9:55 am
We'll be landing on Friday morning and want to reserve and pay for meals (Friday evening and Sat midday) in a Jerusalem hotel or restaurant in advance - without actually having to go to the hotel on Friday. (We're staying in Yemin Moshe, not in a hotel)

Has anyone has success doing this, or know how it can be done? The hotel websites do not appear to have a way to do this.

Happy to go to any of the hotels (Inbal, King David, David Citadel, Waldorf, others - or to a restaurant.

On previous trips, we had to go to the hotels in person to book and pay, but that was a couple of years ago. It seems weird in a tech-saavy country that there is not a way to make this resrvation online (I did send emails, but am still awaiting a response, and since ii has been several says since I emailed....)

Marion

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 2:08 pm
I would imagine the hotel websites don't have a way to do this as it's not typically a service they offer. Meals are offered to guests and guests can reserve online for "full board" when they make their reservation or, if they only want meals on Shabbat, when they check in.

grace413

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 3:52 pm
Try calling on the phone.

SixOfWands

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 8:02 pm
Lilibet wrote:
We'll be landing on Friday morning and want to reserve and pay for meals (Friday evening and Sat midday) in a Jerusalem hotel or restaurant in advance - without actually having to go to the hotel on Friday. (We're staying in Yemin Moshe, not in a hotel)

Has anyone has success doing this, or know how it can be done? The hotel websites do not appear to have a way to do this.

Happy to go to any of the hotels (Inbal, King David, David Citadel, Waldorf, others - or to a restaurant.

On previous trips, we had to go to the hotels in person to book and pay, but that was a couple of years ago. It seems weird in a tech-saavy country that there is not a way to make this resrvation online (I did send emails, but am still awaiting a response, and since ii has been several says since I emailed....)

We've done this in person at the Dan Panorama, and thought the food was great. Friends have also done this at the Inbal, and it was good, but they also preferred the Dan Panorama.

No idea about doing it online. Sorry.

Lilibet

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 6:14 am
Thanks. I'll try Dan Panorama. The Inbal just put us on a waiting list. The problem probably is capacity in the sukkah.

Hotels do routinely allow this. Some residents even do it as a way to meet friends for Shabbat dinner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics