Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What about the third parties?! (US pres election)

Which Third party candidate do you prefer?
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)  
 33%  [ 2 ]
Jill Stein (Green)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Darrell Castle (Constitution)  
 16%  [ 1 ]
other  
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Volunteer

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:05 am
If the time was ever right for a strong third party candidate, it would be now. We need another, better alternative. I just can't vote for Trump or Hillary.

What are your thoughts about the options?

First, there's Gary Johnson. I agree with many of his positions on important issues. Unfortunately, he doesn't present himself well at all. Maybe it's because he was a frequent marajuana user (until very recently). At least he has a pretty clean ethics record, as far as I know.

Then, Jill Stein. She is part of the Boycott Israel group, and I otherwise disagree with her on many other issues. At least she seems like a principled person who presents herself well (although I don't see eye to eye with her personally).

Darrell Castle is a mixed bag too. He's a combo of libertarian + Christian conservative. He doesn't get on the news much.

I've read some very positive things about Evan McMullin. I wonder if he'll be on the ballot anywhere but Utah.

Maybe there are others I don't know about.
All opinions welcome.

treestump

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:25 am
I haven't done enough research on Gary Johnson to answer, and I definitely don't know the other guy, but Jill Stein has some nutty ideas. And the VP on her ticket is horrible. Her VP pick is an uncouth guy who curses the United States and wants to see its destruction. He says he is part of a movement "that is committed to fighting this corrupt, degenerate, white supremacist monstrosity called the United States" and referred to Israel as "murderous."

I would never vote for her.

From allthink.com, I have not verified this article's accuracy:

"Despite the lack of information online about the mysterious Baraku, his blogs are extremely telling of exactly who he is. To nobody's surprise, he is a vocal Black Lives Matter activist and a member of the progressive far left who invites his readers to believe among other things that it was not the bloodthirsty jihadists of IS who have blood on their hands for the massacres in Paris and Orlando, but rather the American and French governments for their involvement in the war on terror, further maintaining that those who grieve for the victims of terror attacks in America and Europe are simply white supremacists. Nevermind that the terrorists actually had blood on their hands.

Predictably, Baraku is a shameless apologist for Islamist terror organisations, practically going down the entire list of excuses, ranging from his regular "No True Scotsman" crying and his scapegoating of Israel to his unending calls for a dialogue on Western foreign policy and the nuanced geopolitics of the Middle East. In an exceptionally shameless display of dishonesty and masochism, he not only blames the US for the creation of ISIS as many on the left do but further goes on to say that ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (or Abu Baka as he spells it) was a former CIA asset –– a claim that he literally made up with not a single piece of evidence to substantiate it. I suppose it's become fashionable these days for people to assert that any given bad guy to have ever existed throughout history was actually a Western puppet of the CIA, confident that nobody will bother to call them out on it."

Volunteer

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 12:12 pm
I didn't know all that about Stein/Baraku. Thanks for posting. Admittedly, I read the position statements on her website, and when I saw the BDS Israel, and "apartheid" stuff, I stopped reading further.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics