Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Cheapest way to get graphics for bar mitzvah

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:03 am
We're making a bar mitzvah soon BH, and we're at the point where we have to order invitations. For our other boys, a graphic artist friend designed the invitations for us and we just took them to a local printer, but that friend is no longer doing graphics and I'm not sure how to go about designing the invitation. Are there any online invitations where we can just fill in the details and then have them printed? We're not in a position where we can afford to spend more than necessary, so I'm looking for the cheapest way to get something decent. We want something simple but nice with both Hebrew and English.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:41 am
The frum printer we used did the graphics for us, it was included in the price. Is there an option for you to use a frum printer? Even if you don't have one where you live, it may be cost effective for you to order it from somewhere frum and have it shipped.

Kumphort

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:42 am
Not sure how the pricing compares. But here is a DIY site
http://www.invitations123.com

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:51 am
glutenless wrote:
The frum printer we used did the graphics for us, it was included in the price. Is there an option for you to use a frum printer? Even if you don't have one where you live, it may be cost effective for you to order it from somewhere frum and have it shipped.

We live in EY but not in a frum area and there is no frum printer here. There is a printer in our local mall though who might have something. I wasn't aware that the graphics are usually included in the price. I'll definitely look into that option. Thanks!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 9:53 am
Kumphort wrote:
Not sure how the pricing compares. But here is a DIY site
http://www.invitations123.com

Those are some gorgeous invitations, but they're a lot more expensive than what we've done before. Also, I forgot to mention that we're in EY and shipping will likely not be cheap. Thanks though - I might take some ideas from that site.

Raisin

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 11:23 am
try canva. Lots of pre made layouts.

myself

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 12:06 pm
Can you use the layout and design from your other boys and just change the details?

singleagain

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 12:26 pm
I love playing around with grapics and I'll gladly help you out something together, free if charge... Email me at the email in my Sig if you want

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:29 pm
Raisin wrote:
try canva. Lots of pre made layouts.

I just looked there but did not see any bar mitzvah invitations. If you've seen any, can you provide a link? Thanks so much.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:30 pm
myself wrote:
Can you use the layout and design from your other boys and just change the details?

I wanted to do that but don't have the open files, so they can't be edited.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 09 2016, 1:31 pm
singleagain wrote:
I love playing around with grapics and I'll gladly help you out something together, free if charge... Email me at the email in my Sig if you want

That is so kind of you! I'm going to check with the printer tomorrow to see if they include graphics for free. If they don't, I'll be sure to email you. Thanks so much!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 9:13 am
I went to the printer today and he said that I should look on Google for graphics because they don't include them. Singleagain, look out for an email from me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics