Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can this Challah be saved?

STMommy

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 9:27 am
My recipe calls for 4 cups of warm water at the beginning. I realized when my dough was coming out crumbly that I only started with 2 cups of water. So I added the missing two cups at the end but now my dough is this wet weird texture. Did I ruin the dough or is it going to rise anyway and be okay?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 9:53 am
STMommy wrote:
My recipe calls for 4 cups of warm water at the beginning. I realized when my dough was coming out crumbly that I only started with 2 cups of water. So I added the missing two cups at the end but now my dough is this wet weird texture. Did I ruin the dough or is it going to rise anyway and be okay?

It might be okay, but you'll need to first knead it a lot longer to get the additional water fully incorporated.

bookie

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 10:44 am
It will come out but will be heavy And dense not light and fluffy. Btdt

yogabird

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 12:28 pm
It shouldn't be a problem. I would add more flour a little bit at a time if it's too sticky and make sure to knead really well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen