Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No kippa for interview
Previous  1  2

BayMom

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:52 pm
op, watch this short video clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW-9FpnNZTY

Miri7

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:58 pm
BayMom wrote:
op, watch this short video clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW-9FpnNZTY

This video highlights how important it is to do your research before each and every interview. If this guy had done his research, he would have known that the person coming to interview him was a frum guy and would probably have decided to keep his kippa on for the interview.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:01 pm
Great video clip.
I don't know where you are located op but if you're in the tri state area it's pretty much guaranteed that the interviewer will know your husband is Jewish by the sound of his name, look of him etc. They've seen dozens just like him and will continue to interview many others like him. They know about leaving early on Friday even if your yarmulka is left in the car.

Sadie

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:10 pm
Wow that lawyer in the clip sounds like a real jerk. Calling the guy a sellout and cutting the interview short is incredibly rude (if this story really happened). Wearing a kipa is a personal decision and wearing one or not wearing one shouldn't be the basis of hiring decisions. The interviewer here should be ashamed.

Maybe

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:21 pm
Why should we be ashamed of our religion ?

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:00 pm
Sadie wrote:
Wow that lawyer in the clip sounds like a real jerk. Calling the guy a sellout and cutting the interview short is incredibly rude (if this story really happened). Wearing a kipa is a personal decision and wearing one or not wearing one shouldn't be the basis of hiring decisions. The interviewer here should be ashamed.

Agree with this. I would much rather my husband not wear a kippah than be a kippah wearing jerk

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:04 pm
Maybe wrote:
Why should we be ashamed of our religion ?

We shouldn't be. I am not sure why you equate not wearing a kippah for an interview with being ashamed of our religion.

Do you bring up the laws of niddah during interviews? Why not? Are you ashamed of our religion?

If I don't wear a tichel for an interview it's not because I am ashamed of tichels or Judaism or hair covering.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 11:02 am
I've seen chassidishe heterim for bare head, and many doing a toupee or a cap. It depends on the job. In some countries you can't represent the country with a religious sign. In others it's hard finding a job in contact with clients if you look ethnic at all. I would be ok with another head covering. I wouldn't be ok with a bare head but again, let him aks his own shailos and while I understand you 100%, I also undertand the need for a parnasa... Our generation is so spoiled bh
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics