Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby shells

devorah1231

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:56 pm
My baby is wearing 6 months, and I expect her to be wearing 9 months for most of the winter. She has a lot of 9 month stuff already, but most of the outfits are decorated short sleeved onesies with pants. I want to be able to use this stuff, but don't think it will be warm enough. Do you know where I can buy shells for her to wear underneath? I don't want white onesies with long sleeves because I'm not snapping two onesies on, so it needs to be just a top that can go underneath. Shell station sizes start at 12 months.

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:58 pm
How about sweaters or sweatshirts? When DS was that age I had a few hoodies which were great especially if we went somewhere that had the heat on much higher. He wasn't overly hot. At almost two he wears pants, a tee shirt and sweater or sweatshirt most days. I can keep him in the summer shirts I bought that still look nice on him but he isn't freezing or sweating.

Last edited by mha3484 on Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

devorah1231

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:00 pm
She has a couple of those but they cover up the outfit - then she might as well wear a plain onesie and pants every day. I like her stuff and want to use it all.

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:11 pm
It also depends on where you go and what you do. Under a coat no one sees, in a lot of public places the heat is on and a short sleeve shirt can be just fine. My first apartment, the landlord had the heat on so high that my older son wore summer clothes if we were not going anywhere that day.

MamaBear

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:13 pm
The sizing is so flexible with baby shells. Just buy the 12 month size.

esther11

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:15 pm
When my daughter was little I'd buy long sleeve body suits in black and white to use as shells.

sky

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:18 pm
I know you said you don't want to be snapping 2 onsies. But I think the bottom shell would be riding up a lot and look funny and maybe be uncomfortable. At 6 months babies are held a lot, crawl, move, nap in their clothes, etc. I can't imagine a shell at that age would stay in place under a snapped shirt.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 8:34 pm
I personally love body suits. Do google searches for the colors you need.
http://www.gap.com/browse/prod.....4022.
If do need shells specifically, the shell station 12-18 size is very small and very stretchy and can still work for your baby.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 2:41 pm
If you have her in a long sleeved bodysuit you don't need another short sleeved one underneath. I personally like getting the long sleeve onesies in the colors my daughter needs. It's comfy and doesn't ride up.
If you are specifically looking for a shell, go into shell station and try one on your little girl. When my daughter was a size 6 months their 12 month shell fit her pretty skin tight. And my lil princess is real skinny.

lfab

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 2:47 pm
Instead of shells why not get a few cardigans that can be worn open over whatever shirt she is wearing? This way she will stay warm but you will still be able to see whatever cute design is on the shirt.

chanee

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 2:56 pm
Shell Station shells start at size 9-12 months. They are meant to be fitted. So get the 3/4 sleeve length and you should be fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics