Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
What time do you have your Seudos today?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 8:49 am
I'm trying to plan the day. What time do you have your first Seuda? Is there any Inyan in terms of having it before or after chatzos? Are we supposed to have lechem Mishneh for any of the Seudos before or after Yom Kippur? How much before licht bentshing do you start your Seuda hamafsekes? How much later do you end it by? Thank you so much.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 8:55 am
I never heard of first seudah. In my world there's one seudah, and that's dinner before the fast starts. We will eat when we both get home from work, at around 5pm/5:15

Marion

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 9:04 am
We eat the seudat mafseket an hour before the fast starts. It's just me and the kids so no one's rushing off to shul; if there was someone going to shul we'd start half an hour earlier.

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 9:08 am
my family is having the first seudah at 12 and the seudah ha-mafsekes a little over an hour before candle lighting. We do have lechem mishneh at both seudos but I don't think you have to.
גמר חתימה טובה

imasinger

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 9:18 am
We work backwards. Shul starts at this time, it takes this much time to get there, we want this much time to clean up and do last preparation after the meal, we think it will take us this long to eat.

No lechem mishne.

Anything before the main seudah is at the time that works best for the family, keeping in mind when mincha is.

lfab

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 11:52 am
We only do 1 seudah. I get home from work at around 3:30, DH will go to Mincha at 4 (he can't go earlier since he is home with the kids who are off from school today). When he gets home we will have the seudah, around 5ish probably.

pause

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 11:55 am
First meal at around 12. Second about an hour before lecht tzinden. Takes about 30-45 minutes with time to drink another gallon of water after. Wink No lechem mishna.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 11:56 am
We only do one official seuda although of course we eat other meals throughout the day. It's called for 4, but we're more likely to start around 4:15. This gives us time to eat without rushing and clean up afterwards and brush our teeth and change into Y"T clothing.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:09 pm
11 and 5
11: challa, butternut squash soup, salmon, rice noodles, salad. Husband having meat.
5: challa, chicken soup with kreplach, chicken, rice, salad, watermelon

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:19 pm
We ate at 14 and we are eating now at 1800

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 1:07 pm
we ate at 12 challah and honey, fish, coleslaw and salad

we are eating again at 4 challah, soup w/ kreplach, chicken, farfal, salad, honey cake

then we'll have time for baths and showers, get dressed, clean up etc

pause

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 3:43 pm
We do the second meal all dressed yomtov'dig already. Baths and getting dressed happen between the two meals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur