Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Are you voting for or against?
1  2  Next

Are you voting for or against a candidate?
I am voting FOR my candidate  
 24%  [ 25 ]
I am voting AGAINST a worse candidate  
 58%  [ 60 ]
I am voting third party, which I have never done before  
 14%  [ 15 ]
I am voting third party, which I HAVE done before  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 103

tryinghard

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:08 pm
I am curious about this, so I figured I'd do an (unscientific) survey on Imamother at least -

For Americans voting in the presidential election this November, are you voting FOR a candidate, or AGAINST?

That is to say, there are plenty of gung-ho Hillary and Trump supporters (ad even some Johnson or other), but I get the feeling that more people are voting for the candidate whom they consider the lesser of two evils. So for you, are you enthusiastic (or at least mostly positive) about your choice? Or are you holding your nose and voting because s/he is better than the other choice?

If you are voting third party, is it out of despair this time around? Or have you been feeling this way in previous cycles already?

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:21 pm
Against. Definitely against. And trying to maintain some level of optimism about the prospect of a Trump presidency but it isn't easy.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 7:24 pm
I think there are individuals who do vote against a candidate. I don't.

agreer

Post Thu, Oct 13 2016, 9:53 pm
I don't think I'm voting at all.

Thanks to the electoral college, it's a waste of time in my state.

samantha87

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 8:09 am
I'm voting for Johnson, because I just can't vote for either of the other two. Worse than any other presidential election I remember.

eschaya

Post Fri, Oct 14 2016, 10:15 am
I am not voting. I just can't, either way, either one. And it's not like my vote would do anything anyway because my state always goes Democrat. I may decide to go to the polls just to vote for the other more minor issues on the ballot.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:01 pm
eschaya wrote:
I am not voting. I just can't, either way, either one. And it's not like my vote would do anything anyway because my state always goes Democrat. I may decide to go to the polls just to vote for the other more minor issues on the ballot.

Same here. I'm registered in a solidly blue state, and my vote wouldn't count in the least. I'm really tempted to write in Dr. Ben Carson, because I still love him.

Mark Twain said that "Anyone who wants to be a politician should be automatically disqualified for the job."

I'm beginning to see the wisdom in that. Confused

tryinghard

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 3:50 pm
I'm bumping this - with two days left to the election, I am very curious...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 4:06 pm
I still have not decided who my vote will go to. If it's one of the top nominees, it will be a vote against. If I do a write in, it may be a vote for.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 4:27 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I still have not decided who my vote will go to. If it's one of the top nominees, it will be a vote against. If I do a write in, it may be a vote for.

Wish this was an option in the poll Tongue Out (To quote Lincoln, I laugh to keep from crying. Or as I saw recently, I'm just afraid someone's going to win.)

Mevater

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 4:35 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Against. Definitely against. And trying to maintain some level of optimism about the prospect of a Trump presidency but it isn't easy.

Will you be dancing in the streets in gratitude, if Hillary wins, together with Huma, Saudi Arabia, and the Muslim Brotherhood? Yippeeee!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 4:39 pm
Mevater wrote:
Will you be dancing in the streets in gratitude, if Hillary wins, together with Huma, Saudi Arabia, and the Muslim Brotherhood? Yippeeee!

I didn't read it that way. I think many people voting for either of the candidates aren't thrilled but are trying to maintain optimism should that candidate win. There was a roundtable in Hamodia between proponents of Clinton, Trump, and Johnson (I would have done "no one" a la R' Eytan Kobre's editorial this week) and ALL of them said that they have serious reservations come various issues.

If somehow a link is available, it would be a great public service to share Mordechai Schmutter's extended humor column.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 4:53 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

I'm with you, it's the first time in 20+ years of voting that I'm still unsure what to do this close to the election. I don't see how I can possibly vote for either Trump or Hillary, but a write in is pretty much pointless. I know my vote won't impact the election either way, but how can I not use my privilege to vote for president of the U.S.? I'm really torn.

Maya

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 4:55 pm
Mevater wrote:

Really?! Rolling Eyes
I am voting FOR Hillary Clinton.

happybeingamom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 9:01 pm
I can't wait till this nightmare of an election is over. Drat it is going to be worse because we will have either Clinton or Trump as president. What a horror!

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 9:09 pm
Mevater wrote:

Pretty sure you misunderstood my post. I'm voting for Trump, without shame or hesitation, because compared to HRC, he's a boyscout. It's just that I'm not confident Trump will make a good president; though for reasons very different than the typical complaints against him. I'm worried he's not really nearly as conservative as he now professes to be.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Nov 06 2016, 9:39 pm
I started out being against Trump but as the campaign has progressed Hillary has grown on me. She clearly is the more intelligent, harder-working and better prepared of the two. She has handled herself in a classy way despite extreme provocation. She's smart enough to realize that she doesn't need to take Trump's bait, she just needs to let him self-destruct.

leah233

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 1:51 pm
I'm writing in Scott Walker. Because if I lived in Iowa it would have been between him and Carson for my vote in the primaries. Carson is now out because he is too aligned with Trump.

This is the first time since I started voting twenty five years ago that I'm not voting for the Republican nominee in a national election.

Last edited by leah233 on Mon, Nov 07 2016, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 2:08 pm
In all seriousness, I'm voting FOR Evan McMullin and Mindy Finn, the only remotely normal individuals in this $hit show.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 5:53 pm
Mevater wrote:
That's an offensive thing to say.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics