Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Liberty Science Center - what age?
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 9:46 pm
Admission is expensive ($18 for children, 22 for adults) so I don't want to go until we'll REALLY appreciate it. Is it over the head of a 4-year-old?

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 9:54 pm
I made a family membership and went twice so far. I'm hoping to go at least once more this year so I get my moneys worth. My children are 9 and 3. When I decided to go it was more for my 9 year old but my 3 year old also had fun and they have one special room for 5 and under. They also really enjoy the Imax and 3D shows.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 9:54 pm
I saw a special advertised. 2 for 1 for the kids on chol hamoed IIRC with coupon code.

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:08 pm
Oh man ra_mom! Where can I get the coupon? Anyone know of any deals for adults?

I loved the place when I was a kid and have been waaaaaiiiting for my kids to get old enough to justify seeing what it's like now. I've been pondering a membership to NYSCI but they seem to have very few reciprocal days with LSC and haven't put up the schedule for the next ones yet - it just says last July and August IIRC.

Iamamother2

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:08 pm
4-12

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:17 pm
The coupon is in the Binah magazine on page 23 of the engravings supplement. Sorry I thought it was a coupon code.

It says
Present this coupon at the box office to get a free regular child's ticket when you buy one, value $17.75 is each.
Coupon good for you to 4 offers per transaction. May not be combined with any other promotion, not valid for group visi or. Expires 10/21/16. Coupon 1072.

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:24 pm
Thanks for sharing! And can't believe they let you use it 4x, that's amazing for all the larger families that are looking for something nice to do this chol hamoed. We are more adults than kids and one of the kids is on the very little end so we probably won't be using it Sad

saw50st8

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 7:23 am
We love LSC! Family membership is very affordable. For us, it pays in 2 visits.

4 is definitely fine for LSC. There are exhibits for all ages, it's indoors and they don't mind if you bring your own food.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 7:52 am
FYI for kohanim LSC has a temporary exhibit that is NOT OK for kohanim. ...check before going ....

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 9:21 am
Does anyone know of any coupons now?

chaya35

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
Does anyone know of any coupons now?

I saw in the hamodia in the section of places to go. I think it was for $5 off per person up to 8 people.

gibberish

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 10:59 am
Some tips to go for cheap:
1.it's free on the first full weekend of every month for Bank of America cardholders. Just show them your card and they let those with cards go for free (still need to pay for kids)
2. if you live more then 90 miles away, then they accept recriprocal membership to other science centers. I once found a $35 family membership through Groupon to another science center that is accepted at many museums nationwide.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 12:57 pm
Thank you I found a coupon in the Bina for 5 $ off a person

behappy2

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 3:46 pm
I went with my seven year old. He did not enjoy it as much as I thought he would. He enjoys science. It could be it was just him.

doctorima

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 10:47 pm
gibberish wrote:
Some tips to go for cheap:
1.it's free on the first full weekend of every month for Bank of America cardholders. Just show them your card and they let those with cards go for free (still need to pay for kids)
2. if you live more then 90 miles away, then they accept recriprocal membership to other science centers. I once found a $35 family membership through Groupon to another science center that is accepted at many museums nationwide.

Off topic, but do you remember which science museum had a Groupon for $35 annual membership? That sounds like a great deal with the reciprocity benefits!

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 10:42 am
Bumping this up...

What was the section for 2-5 yr olds like? Was it strictly for those ages or would a 7 yr old enjoy that section too?

Would you recommend this place for those ages?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 12:21 pm
Just FYI, most of the time reciprocity works based on how far away you live, not only where the membership location is based. And its 90 miles as the crow flies or some such language, so even if another place is more than 90 miles by car travel, if it's within 90 miles "as the crow flies" it may not be included. So, read the language b4 you buy membership just for reciprocity!

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 12:32 pm
amother wrote:
Bumping this up...

What was the section for 2-5 yr olds like? Was it strictly for those ages or would a 7 yr old enjoy that section too?

Would you recommend this place for those ages?

Bump

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 6:01 pm
someone told me that people from a certain "community" decided to buy membership at some random science museum which had cheaper membership so that they could get reciprocal membership at their local science center which I believe was the LSC, since so many people did it, it was figured out and it didn't "look very good". I don't know if the story is true or not but something to keep in mind.

Personally since we travel it was worth it to get membership at our local science center and now we can get in to others when we travel. The only time we thought about getting family membership at a "random" museum was for a children's museum because the closest one to our house is probably around 2 hrs away so it would really be for when we travel but in the end we didn't.

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Apr 02 2018, 6:10 pm
We’re also going iyh. Anyone knows of any coupon for this year? Thanks all!

We’re paying for 8 people. That’s lots of money!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics