Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Should I go and not tip, or not go at all?

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:54 pm
I desperately need an eyebrow and lip wax before yom tov. I can go tomorrow morning. However, I have no cash on me for a tip. The salons around here only accept cash tips, no credit card tips.
I cannot get to a bank beforehand. I have no one to borrow from either.
Should I go and not tip? Or do I have to not go at all, because it's so rude?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:57 pm
If you've been using the same lady maybe you can tell her you'll tip next time? Otherwise maybe use your credit card to buy a gift card at the salon for the amount of the waxing and tip and then use that to pay for both?

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 11:00 pm
amother wrote:
If you've been using the same lady maybe you can tell her you'll tip next time? Otherwise maybe use your credit card to buy a gift card at the salon for the amount of the waxing and tip and then use that to pay for both?

This is not a salon I usually use. I'm only using them because my regular beautician is booked tomorrow.
And I don't understand how I can tip with a gift card.

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 11:14 pm
Can you get to an ATM?

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 11:15 pm
DrMom wrote:
Can you get to an ATM?

That's extremely inconvenient but I guess I'll try to find a way. Thanks for the suggestion

cholenteater

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 11:46 pm
You can pay by credit card and ask for tip to be included, as in charge you extra and give you the money - and then they give you money for the tip/give it to the lady at end with her pay. If not, many corner deli stores have ATM machines, and some nail salons have machines in the store.
Many store also offer Cashback like at CVS. You buy an item you need anyways and ask for cash back. They charge your card for whatever amount, I think up to $50. (Depends on which store)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette