Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Roasted Mini Potatoes

pause

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 10:15 pm
What's your best recipe for crispy on the outside but deliciously creamy on the inside mini potatoes?

kneidel

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 11:12 pm
Heat oven to 290F/200C. Toss potatoes in oil and seasoning and bake for 25 mins. Turn down the oven to 340F/170C and bake for another 1 hr-1 hr 15 mins until the skin is crisp and golden.

cbg

Post Sat, Oct 15 2016, 11:45 pm
Boil them first, until almost done, bit a little al dente.
This can be done before hand.

Cut into 1/2. Or 1/4
Oil
Salt
Pepper
Fresh garlic
Paprika
Dehydrated onion bits (optional)
Mix
Put flat on a tray
Put in a 450 oven
Shake every 15-20 min, so it doesn't stick
Bake until desired crispness

nicole81

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 1:08 am
If you're talking about the really tiny potatoes, I just bake them @450 for 20-30 min, checking for doneness. Perfect texture and consistency IMO.

First I toss them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, lots of dill (dried is fine), garlic powder, and onion powder. Then I lay them on a large baking try lined with parchment paper and bake as outlined above.

pause

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 1:30 am
nicole81 wrote:
If you're talking about the really tiny potatoes, I just bake them @450 for 20-30 min, checking for doneness. Perfect texture and consistency IMO.

First I toss them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, lots of dill (dried is fine), garlic powder, and onion powder. Then I lay them on a large baking try lined with parchment paper and bake as outlined above.

yes the real tiny ones. not cutting them. thanks

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 3:18 am
Preheat oven to 400°F.

Toss mini potatoes with coarsely chopped shallots, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder, and some dry mustard powder (if you have). Place in one even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or greased foil and bake for 20-30 minutes. Toss occasionally so it cooks evenly. It's done when the potatoes begin browning on the outside and you can easily pierce one with a knife.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 8:55 am
I am making honey mustard potatoes and want to add some color. Would dried parsley work? Or not really?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 10:25 am
OutATowner wrote:
I am making honey mustard potatoes and want to add some color. Would dried parsley work? Or not really?

Yes. But the herbs lose some of their green brightness when cooking, so only add half before cooking and sprinkle a bit more after cooking.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 10:45 am
For honey mustard potatoes I would go with dill rather than parsley.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 10:55 am
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes