Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wearing Eye Makeup for 2 days straight is hurting my eyes

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 2:54 am
Wearing Makeup for 2 days straight is hurting my eyes, and the rest of my face looks gross and makeup settles in creases more than anywhere else and comes off elsewhere. Gross, just gross!

Whats the solution for Yom Tov? Any new permissible products?

Any Yom Tov permissible face washes?

Anything better than the old Shabbat makeup I tried and hated years ago, for both eyes and lips (Lip Powder, Yuck!!!!)?

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 5:46 am
Can't you just skip the make-up entirely?

I know that's almost sacrilegious to suggest on this site when there are so many posts about Friday night mikvah and make-up, but is it really such a big deal?

I don't really wear much make-up in general so maybe I just don't understand. But if I would wear make-up over Shabbos or Yom Tov without washing it off at night to let my skin breathe then I would pay for it all week with pimples. Not worth it to me.

Kugglegirl

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 7:46 am
Since you are asking, I will share my thoughts:

Being bare faced on Yom Tov would be a huge meserius nefesh & so healthy for your skin & eyes.

Wishing you the very best chag somayach.

shacn

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 9:20 am
I feel you. Make up is one of my biggest struggles on shabbos and YT. I always touch it up.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 9:42 am
shacn wrote:
I feel you. Make up is one of my biggest struggles on shabbos and YT. I always touch it up.

I dont touch up on Shabbos and Y"T, and I live with looking gross (not as gross as if I had no makeup on altogether though).

Its the awful eye discomfort of wearing eye makeup for 2 days straight, that cant be healthy for eyes that bothers me most.

tichellady

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
Wearing Makeup for 2 days straight is hurting my eyes, and the rest of my face looks gross and makeup settles in creases more than anywhere else and comes off elsewhere. Gross, just gross!

Whats the solution for Yom Tov? Any new permissible products?

Any Yom Tov permissible face washes?

Anything better than the old Shabbat makeup I tried and hated years ago, for both eyes and lips (Lip Powder, Yuck!!!!)?

I'm sure there's different opinions here but I asked my rabbi about this and he agreed what I do is fine: I use cetaphil face wash, and if I feel the need for makeup I use mineral powder for my face and I have a black powder eye liner that works well and for my lips I use a roll on clear gloss.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 10:40 am
I reread and saw I misunderstood.

tichellady

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
Black powder eye liner on lips? I cant picture that. This isnt Halloween.

Also I love and use Cetaphil as well, and thats so gentle it barely takes off makeup with warm water. I doubt it cleans with cold water.

The eye liner is for my eyes and the lip gloss Is for my lips, not sure why that is confusing. I don't put on lots of makeup before Shabbat so I don't need the cetaphil to be a makeup remover, it's a face wash. I also use warm water on Yom tov

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 11:17 am
Skip the mascara that's hurting your eyes.
Use powdered foundation instead of regular. It doesn't last as long so won't cake into your creases and you can reapply it on Yom Tov after you wash you face. Same for blush, or if you need, buy the Shabbat blush.
You'd be surprised how much just powder and blush can freshen up your look on Yom Tov.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 11:45 am
ra_mom wrote:
Skip the mascara that's hurting your eyes.
Use powdered foundation instead of regular. It doesn't last as long so won't cake into your creases and you can reapply it on Yom Tov after you wash you face. Same for blush, or if you need, buy the Shabbat blush.
You'd be surprised how much just powder and blush can freshen up your look on Yom Tov.

Do you mean Shabbat brand? Has it improved over the years?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 11:49 am
amother wrote:
Do you mean Shabbat brand? Has it improved over the years?

Shabbat brand if that's the only one you're allowed to use.
Blush is blush. Choose the right color and don't apply with a heavy hand. You don't need to use it during the weekday.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 11:53 am
You can dye your lashes and brows before yt. Use loose powder foundation, blush, and bronzer. Can you just dab Vaseline on your lips?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 12:00 pm
So many people look perfectly freshly made up, with a totally made up face, from eye shadow to lipstick, all Yom Tov. My most importantly needed products are eye shadow, eye liner and lipstick.

How are the ones who arent Mechalel Shabbos doing it?

nicole81

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 12:09 pm
AYLOR regarding what you can use. I use face wash over yt and apply loose mineral powder foundation, eye shadow, liner, and blush as needed. I also use the right shade of mineral powder on my brows. I use a good waterproof liner over a lash primer that stays on and doesn't bother my eyes, but I also replace it frequently, even if it's not finished. As another poster suggested, you can dye your lashes.

The way the stuff looks also depends on what type of brushes you use. I find a fan brush works best with the loose powder blush, and of course you need good liner brushes to use powder on the eyes. But I actually love the subdued look so much that I line my eyes with shadow every day.

As for my lips, I don't have a solution for use on shabbat, but I've found that many shades of Kat von D everlasting liquid lip color to stay on beautifully over 1-2 days. It fades out rather than peels off like some of the other long lasting products, so no worries about it's look. If you start dark, you will likely have full lips worth of color to go into the second day with, just a lighter version.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 12:10 pm
I wear Shabbat for "eyeliner", blush and lips. I hate their eyeshadow, it falls everywhere. If I used it the first night, you're right, it wouldn't look that good because it's not a full face. But when I use it the first day and the second day it actually looks better than the 2 day old makeup.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Oct 16 2016, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
So many people look perfectly freshly made up, with a totally made up face, from eye shadow to lipstick, all Yom Tov. My most importantly needed products are eye shadow, eye liner and lipstick.

How are the ones who arent Mechalel Shabbos doing it?

Honestly, I think a lot of women put on makeup on shabbos and yt.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:
Honestly, I think a lot of women put on makeup on shabbos and yt.

Possibly, but how are the ones who arent Mechalel Shabbos doing it?

Whats the best long lasting eye shadow, eyeliner and lipstick?

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 10:30 pm
I alsowant to know the secret to being perfectly made up the second day without reapplying it. My face is totally bare by then no matter how much I put on before

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Oct 18 2016, 10:42 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
I alsowant to know the secret to being perfectly made up the second day without reapplying it. My face is totally bare by then no matter how much I put on before

Here are some tips:

Set your makeup with a finishing spray.

Sleep on a satin pillowcase.

Use long lasting foundation.

Don't eat boiling hot soup or other really hot food; the steam fades your makeup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics