Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Is this schnitzel still okay?

mom2six

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 3:01 am
I baked schnitzel on Friday and immediately froze half for YT. I took it out of the freezer on Sunday and warmed it up in the oven and then left it on the blech and served it Sunday night. There are a few pieces left that have been in the fridge since Sunday night. Are they still okay to serve today (Thursday) for lunch?

mom2six

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 6:26 am
bump

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 6:40 am
I only eat chicken for 4 days. So friday chicken gets eaten by monday or frozen. I wouldn't eat your schnitzle but lots of people do eat leftovers for longer then 4 days and they survive.

imasinger

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 6:41 am
I would eat it.

kneidel

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 6:41 am
No

mom2six

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 6:43 am
Raisin wrote:
I only eat chicken for 4 days. So friday chicken gets eaten by monday or frozen. I wouldn't eat your schnitzle but lots of people do eat leftovers for longer then 4 days and they survive.

Thanks, but this was frozen from Friday to Sunday and only out of the freezer since Sunday. Does that change your answer?

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 6:43 am
I wouldn't give it to little kids or eat if pregnant.

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 6:51 am
mom2six wrote:
Thanks, but this was frozen from Friday to Sunday and only out of the freezer since Sunday. Does that change your answer?

even from sunday its still 5 days...

mom2six

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 7:00 am
Raisin wrote:
even from sunday its still 5 days...

I count 4 days. Today is the 5th day.

In any case, maybe I'll throw it out. I'm not pregnant but I am nursing a newborn and I have a bunch of little kids. Or maybe DH will eat it.

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I'm still open to hearing more. Smile

elaela

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 11:24 am
if it looks fine, smells fine and tastes fine, why would I throw it away?

I think that eggs, dairyproducts and meat smells / tastes disgusting even when just slightly too old to consume. I would definitely cut it open, look and smell and try. then I'd heat it up on a high temeprsature (eg in the oven) for a couple of minutes and serve it.

I usually dont have leftovers that are 4-5 days old, because I try to use them before, but I woudnt hesitate to serve it (IF it looks/smells and tastes normal).

I have a problem with throwing away food. That being said, I obviously wouldnt risk our health if Id doubt the freshness of the prodcut!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 20 2016, 12:53 pm
Today is day 4. As Ariela said, if it looks good, smells good and tastes good go ahead and enjoy it. Today is the last day to get eat it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey