Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
The "Roberg method"
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 6:55 pm
Sourstix, the reason we are speaking up is so that people can be informed of all the angles, including risks of using unlicensed practitioners. You actually had the benefit of having a licensed professional evaluate the program in relation to your child and determine that it may be a good match. Most people do not have that benefit, and go into it blindly with a lot of hype and blind faith. That exposes their child to a lot of risk, especially since the program is apparently not customized to each child and the practitioners are limited in their capabilities and skill set. Everyone who is considering this for their child should be fully informed of the risks so they do not make a poor choice for their child or their family. Every parent has that right and obligation regarding any child practitioner: why should Robert be different?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
@Queen 6,please elaborate. Who in Lakewood evaluates without a degree? Are you talking about psychological or educational evals? I live in Lakewood and am licensed in my profession but have no idea what you are referring to.

did anyone here about levenson? I heard that he helps people learn how to read and he trained though someone who developed a program.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Dec 28 2015, 11:44 pm
The book is called
Brain development milestones and learning
baby gym mind moves brainboosters
written by melodie jager

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 12:08 am
When looking into this program I was told that it is not a cure all end all for every one but that alot of people were helped through it . Who ever I spoke to did this only after going through the traditional therapies(some for many years) with out seeing satisfactory results and only then tried this for their child.
I was also told that many licensed professionals dont like this program because they went to school spending years and money to get their degree and arent getting results and avigial roberg is doing this with out a degree and is getting results.... yet there are some professionals who do think that this program just might be the missing link in some children...

pingo

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 1:28 pm
Any one out there do this and get results they were looking for?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 8:53 pm
Can anyone else comment on the success of this program? I am an SLP and a mother of one of my clients asked me if she should pay for this for her daughter.
I am not familiar with the program. Has anyone had positive experiences? What disabilities/learning issues does it claim to help?

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 8:55 pm
Please tell her to call mrs roberg she has a book that explains it. Based on a pediatrician. I guess it helps some but not all.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 9:08 pm
I guess I'm not looking for her to call the practitioner but rather people who have had success and in what areas
I know parents grasp at straws for their children but would feel terrible if she would lay out money she does not have in trying a program that I have not seen or heard any data about.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 9:15 pm
It's hard to get data from anonymous people online. I'm sorry but I do think it's the wrong place to go for such advice especially that she herself has no knowledge if this would be suitable. And mrs roberg is not licensed. Please help her find someone licensed. As a professional I would do that.
My child went to her and she didn't help him at all. I flushed so much money down. My child has a full assessment and now I finally know what his issues are. And on the road to being helped.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 9:27 pm
I'm an SLP too. One of my clients went to her. She has cognitive deficits and learning disabilities. Her school, a very prominent one, was promoting this method to the mom .The mom went in order to please the school. The mom didnt believe that yoga exercises will create a higher level of cognitive function or cure learning disabilities .She spent a lot of money and saw no difference. What was really upsetting was when a follow up meeting was held with the school to discuss the child's progress, they seemed to have forgotten they sent her to Roberg and asked her why she went there?! I then heard later that the principal of that school was quoted saying that the Roberg method wasn't accomplishing what she thought it would .....
So if your client has limited funds, I would suggest OT or other therapies where insurance would cover before going this route

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 9:31 pm
I am licensed and have been a practicing pediatric SLP for over a decade. I do believe in treating a child holistically and believe alternative therapies or even fixing sleep issues can, at times, have their place in helping children succeed. I do not live in Lakewood and this one was new to me. A Google search took me to this thread so I was just asking for any info I could gather on the program.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Oct 26 2016, 9:33 pm
amother wrote:
I'm an SLP too. One of my clients went to her. She has cognitive deficits and learning disabilities. Her school, a very prominent one, was promoting this method to the mom .The mom went in order to please the school. The mom didnt believe that yoga exercises will create a higher level of cognitive function or cure learning disabilities .She spent a lot of money and saw no difference. What was really upsetting was when a follow up meeting was held with the school to discuss the child's progress, they seemed to have forgotten they sent her to Roberg and asked her why she went there?! I then heard later that the principal of that school was quoted saying that the Roberg method wasn't accomplishing what she thought it would .....
So if your client has limited funds, I would suggest OT or other therapies where insurance would cover before going this route

Thanks.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)