Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What do you do with your baby's outgrown clothing?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 2:03 am
Do you save them? Throw them out? Or give them away?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 3:07 am
If you are done having children and they are in good condition, give them to someone who can use them. If you plan to grow your family, keep them for the next child.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 3:19 am
I buy cheap clothes to begin with so by the time I'm done with them they're done. I put them in those clothing collection bins.

finallyamommy

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:25 am
save for the next one iyh!

ceebee

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:45 am
I go through it piece by piece. Lots of baby clothing is unsalvageable (stains by the knees from crawling, poop blowouts etc) so that stuff I chuck. I also chuck anything that looks ratty and worn out. Only "like new" pieces I give away.

SingALong

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:16 am
I save a few stretchies and undershirts per size up till 18 months. I also save a winter coat, jacket, sweater, blanket, etc. I have 1 box of girls newborn and 1 box of boys newborn that I keep in storage. The rest I give away or throw out if really bad condition.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:11 am
Having such a hard time with this now as I have one of each and not sure if I will be able to have more.... Clothing is taking up more and more space! I give away any surplus and keep just enough but that is still tons in every size and season! Also, I live in Israel and only buy American so it would be very difficult and expensive to replace.

nursemomma

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 11:23 am
Discard worn out or stained clothes. Rest I store away- of which I end up giving out a lot to family slowly, as needed. Some of the more expensive things I won't give out and save for the next iyh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics