Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Love my Sheitel- large head and curly- advice

musicmom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 9:27 am
Hi Everyone,

Maybe you recognize my screen name as I have had so many bad bad uncomfortable sheitel experiences that I was about to give up on it and have turned to you guys for so much advice.

I spent a lot of money on a custom sheitel that looks just like my hair, and after getting it home realized that it took a lot of time for care and maintenance. I wasn't "unhappy" because it was comfortable, but running late every morning.

To get to that point of it being comfortable I did shave my head, since I had a large amount of curly hair, and that made the sheitel comfortable and the person fit it to my head.

It was a huge relief to "look like myself" as I actually matched my hair color and texture.

I then bought a sheitel on sale at Freeda wigs. I sent them a picture on email and a man named Shneur did an excellent job matching my color and texture. However, the fit was tight so I returned it. They have a pretty cheap shipping cost and several days to try it on while it is still returnable.

So I asked for the same sheitel in a larger size. I guess they are not all the same, the color and texture are slightly different even within a style and size category. So they shipped one from another store in for me, and this time I arrived to try it on. It looked and fit perfectly, and requires very little maintenance, and never never knots.

For me, as a curly haired person, I really recommend staying true to your previous look. For me to make that comfortable I shave my head once a month but I am told I look cute in turbans and I am always glamorous in a sheitel every day, and enjoy my long one to dress up on Shabbos and Holidays. I probably would not have bought it though if I had had a comfortable alternative at the time.

I can't appreciate Freeda wigs enough, after so many bad experiences and wasting so much money to come home to something uncomfortable, having that return policy is a huge gigantic piece of mind.

I also asked the clips to be taken out as I bought it, and there was a little mistake with scissors. The lady sewed up the hole and I was unhappy... They replaced the whole inside cap for me while I waited.

I was extremely pleased with the customer service, fit, and quality of hair on this sheitel. I am not gaining anything by advertising, just wanted to share for others.

Also, if you have curly hair, what I do is wash it on a wig head clipped to something in the shower with a nozzle. I pin it at four points to the head. I don't use much hair products as they might knot later.

I air dry the sheitel upside down which is how I get great curls and movement in the sheitel. My husband did build me a stand with a v shaped wood I can rest my wig head in, but have improvised by tying a rope around it and hanging it from a hook when traveling.

Hope this helps someone!

VeryBusyMom

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 9:49 pm
Which style did you get? Does the hair get in your face?

pause

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 9:58 pm
musicmom wrote:

Also, if you have curly hair, what I do is wash it on a wig head clipped to something in the shower with a nozzle. I pin it at four points to the head. I don't use much hair products as they might knot later.

I air dry the sheitel upside down which is how I get great curls and movement in the sheitel. My husband did build me a stand with a v shaped wood I can rest my wig head in, but have improvised by tying a rope around it and hanging it from a hook when traveling.

Can you explain this part a bit more? How do you hang the wig head upside down?

With what do you wash the wig?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels