Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
OOT type neighborhood in Lakewood?
Previous  1  2

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:08 pm
I don't want to say it for fear of hurting anyone. You can pm me

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:
I was in Lakewood for part of sukkos in a super duper yeshivish development. Just out of curiosity , don't people want a mix of types? It seemed like everyone dressed the same , their kids the same and acted the same. Don't they want diversity?

which development? I find that there are chassidim mixed with yeshivish in the developments so I am curious which one is all yeshivish.

That's so funny, quite a few developments are known to have "types", there are yeshivish, heimish, more chassidish, Syrian, there is usually somewhat of a mix, but mostly one type.

So many people in Lakewood seem to like to live with only their only type.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:53 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
I was in Lakewood for part of sukkos in a super duper yeshivish development. Just out of curiosity , don't people want a mix of types? It seemed like everyone dressed the same , their kids the same and acted the same. Don't they want diversity?

Lakewood is a big town, with all sorts of people in it, and many different types of neighborhoods. I happen to like diversity, and I look for that in a neighborhood. IMVHO it's much easier to find your place in a neighborhood that has something of a mix. I also enjoy meeting different types of people. I'm comfortable in my own skin, and I'm not afraid of people who are not exactly like me.

Other people like security, and living within their own circle. I remember a neighbor of mine was moving to a neighborhood where a whole bunch of her DH's friends decided to buy houses on the block together. Not necessarily my cup of tea, but it's what she and her DH were comfortable with.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 8:16 pm
glutenless wrote:
That's so funny, quite a few developments are known to have "types", there are yeshivish, heimish, more chassidish, Syrian, there is usually somewhat of a mix, but mostly one type.

So many people in Lakewood seem to like to live with only their only type.

That's what's so nice about Jackson

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:09 pm
Funny- my husband and I were just discussing this. We live in Lakewood (raintree) but we would love a more out of townish feel with a Shul with kids programs and where the woman also go...like more of a community feel. its hard because we don't really feel like we're part of the community. We're also pretty young and only have one child so I feel like the families here are a lot older. I haven't really made any friends which isn't typical for me but im having a hard time making friends here. We really want a place that we feel part of but it doesn't seem to be happening here unfortunately. I guess we want a place with a Shul that has a lot going on for families.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating