Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Good CDs/audio with stories for a 3 year old

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 8:45 am
I wouldn't mind Jewish, but am ok with others too. I'd rather it be stories - not just music

I remember things like
- Marvelous middos machine from when I was younger but don't remember if its age appropriate - I remember there was a Dr Domshtein and think it might be to scary for a 3yr old?

What about Magic Yamaka? is that to above a 3 yr old?

I also see other jewish story CDs online, but cant tell from the names if a 3 yr old can follow.

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 9:09 am
I remember loving and listening to Shmuel Kunda who did 'magical yammuka' but I loved the 'when zeidy was young' series, I don't remember when I started listening, but they have songs which are cute and catchy and I think a 3 yr old would enjoy the songs even without understand the story.

"Here comes the trolly, there goes the trolly. I see the trolly going down the street. Don't want for Wally or you'll be 'solly' ..." Etc .. it's fun, it's silly, and ya learn something.

cbg

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 9:47 am
613 Torah Avenue
Uncle Moishy
Marvelous Middos Machine
All classics

DREAMING

Post Wed, Nov 02 2016, 11:57 pm
Baruch learns brochos

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 12:21 am
I recently bought/downloaded for my 2.5 yr old some shmuel kunda cd's, the magic yarmulka, baruch goes to a simcha dvd), when zaidy was young.
She loves to fall asleep listening to them, or whilst shes playing in the playroom.
The yael series is a book with the cd, and great too, but a little more expensive. Also, its not as exciting as the other cd's I mentioned... more like a narrator reading the story. But nevertheless she loves it too, and the illustrations are simply wonderful.
I also bought a "bella bracha" dvd (mitzvah Boulevard series) which she loves as well. Once in a while ill allow her to watch it, but otherwise she falls asleep listening to it as a regular audio cd.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 1:18 am
I find that stories go over their head at that age. They do better IMHO with the kind that has just a few words in between songs, like 613 Torah Avenue (vocabulary/concepts a little high for 3 but still nice to listen to), Torah Island (great one and age appropriate), Uncle Moishy I guess.

Marvelous Middos Machine is amazing but I think wasted on a 3-year-old. There's a real storyline, and the middos are more thoughtful. I'd say good from age 5 or so for the middos on a superficial level, and even better at 7-8.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 1:25 am
My daughter loved Baruch Learns His Brachos. Morah Music (no story, and while I never "got" the appeal of the CD, dd adored it). Uncle Moishy.
The Magical Yarmulka and Marvelous Middos Machine is for when she's a bit older. Tuki & Kivi were probably enjoyed before the Magical Yarmulka though.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 1:28 am
My kids started enjoying Kivi and Tuki at 4-5, though probably didn't get it very much at 4.

I like Morah Music for the 2-4 year old set because it's interactive. It's a great activity rather than something to listen to.

tf

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 2:45 am
For strictly Yiddish stories on Parsha and yomim tovim- Rebbe Weiss
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers