Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Chefman hotplate-anybody else have been using it? mine broke

shacn

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 10:25 am
im so irritated!

I bought a chefman hotplate and after about 3 months (used it maybe 5 times) it just wouldnt work- thank goodness we didnt have guests that Shabbos!

so we took it back to the store we bought it from, and after putting a fight they gave in and gave us a new one. THE SAME THING happened again!! this time only using it about 3 times!!

anybody else having issues with this?!

I called the company and they too said they will replace it, im just worried that ill have the same problem again-this time when I have guests and I dont want to serve them cold food!

chenvchesed

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 10:31 am
I had the same problem. It stopped working after a few months. I didn't return it as I had already thrown out box and receipt. I bought the 2016 one a few months ago. So far, so good.

shacn

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 10:32 am
chenvchesed wrote:
I had the same problem. It stopped working after a few months. I didn't return it as I had already thrown out box and receipt. I bought the 2016 one a few months ago. So far, so good.

good to know, thanks. they told me they would replace it with their new version. so I guess its better than nothing. PS I also didnt have the receipt- I had my credit card bill (idk if you paid with cash) and that was enough.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Nov 03 2016, 11:26 am
I bought one it broke after a few months. They wouldn't take it back because didn't have the box. Bought another one and again it broke this time they exchanged it for the newer model and now this one broke. I don't want another one this time I want my money back or a store credit. I'd rather spend a little more money on a different brand and not have it break in middle of Shabbos.

salamanca

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 5:00 pm
would anyone care to share which model they purchased to replace the Chefman?

aqua1

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 5:26 pm
I had the same experience and received multiple replacements but they all broke fairly quickly. I finally convinced them to send me a refund which they eventually did. I now have a hotplate from bingo in boro park which I have been very happy with.

salamanca

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 8:30 pm
aqua1 - could you tell me the brand name, please?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics