Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Stunned and can't stop thinking about this all day
Previous  1  2  3

zigi

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:31 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
The concept of a "corner grocery" is a frum thing IME.

or urban bodegas sell milk and basics on almost every corner in the city

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 11:32 am
watergirl wrote:
I love hate shaming. Please Gd you will continue to be perfect and never find ourself posted about. If the woman looked frum, or if it was in a kosher store, would you be more likely to give the benefit of the doubt?

No. The opposite. I'd be more horrified.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:26 pm
Good for you that you have nothing else to think about but this all day. I wish.

Dandelion1

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:48 pm
I can imagine all sorts of scenarios in which the diaper disappeared, but then you hold your little bare bottomed baby. For their own sake if not for the sake of others. Who knows what bacteria is resting on that seat from spilled liquid from chicken or what not.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:57 pm
amother wrote:
Good for you that you have nothing else to think about but this all day. I wish.

I didn't say I have nothing else to think about, or that it was the only thing I thought about. I said I was thinking about it all day.

It bothered me a lot. I was concerned for this child's welfare.

And although I'm pretty grossed out that some posters have responded that they think it's not a big deal, I'm also relieved to some degree because I don't find them to be (based on what I know of them from their posts on this site) abnormal or unfit parents.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:59 pm
aleph wrote:
I can imagine all sorts of scenarios in which the diaper disappeared, but then you hold your little bare bottomed baby. For their own sake if not for the sake of others. Who knows what bacteria is resting on that seat from spilled liquid from chicken or what not.

Yes!

And again, this is at a store that definitely sells diapers. And a small selection of clothes. So if your baby doesn't have a diaper on, or something wrapped around their bottom, it's by choice - not because you were caught off guard by an explosive diaper, etc.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 1:04 pm
Maybe she's from China where kids go around bare bottomed?

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 1:06 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Maybe she's from China where kids go around bare bottomed?

Neither baby nor mother/ caretaker looked Asian, but anything is possible.

mirror

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 3:40 pm
You should have called 911.

trixx

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 4:46 pm
I think it's pretty weird but on an unrelated note I am fascinated and impressed by all the various (favorable) scenarios offered here.

bluebird

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 6:52 pm
Eh, be DLKZ and move on. Sometimes bizarre stuff happens and you have to try to act normal and hope no one notices while you try to take care of it. Sometimes we're not as prepared as we should be and that makes it harder. Just be glad it wasn't you.

BrachaBatya

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 7:14 pm
Gah! How gross! I'm afraid to ask...which Whole Foods was it?! LOL

octopus

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 8:39 pm
5mom wrote:
Any chance that the baby started out in a T-shirt and diaper and then pulled off her diaper by herself? I've seen little ones that age who strip in public. Maybe they were at the checkout and the mom just scooped up the old diaper and figured she'd put on a new one when they got to the car.

I'd be unsettled from a hygiene perspective, but there's nothing inherently disturbing about a naked baby.

Or maybe mom didn't notice the bare bottom yet. Babies that age can already be proficient at taking off their diapers. Mom could've been horrified when she noticed.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 8:47 pm
I would also be freaked out about it. That's super weird and inappropriate.

On the other hand, I remember being yelled at by two ladies when I carried my baby out to the car in just a diaper. It was chilly out and while in the store, his diaper had exploded. I had the diaper bag with me so I could clean, change and put on a clean diaper, but no clean clothes and his clothes were COVERED - I think I even threw them out. So, I had to carry him to the car where I had extra clothes and these women are yelling at me that I'm such a horrible mother and it's too cold for him to be in just a diaper. As though I had planned it?!?! But, I wasn't sitting there shopping with a naked baby...

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 9:03 pm
amother wrote:
So early afternoon before I had to pick my kids up from school, I ran into Whole Foods for a few things. As I'm standing in line, I notice a baby, probably right around 12 months if I had to guess, in the cart in the aisle right next to me. She is wearing a t-shirt. That's it. No bottoms. Like, no diaper. Her bare skin, her private parts just totally exposed for the world to see and rubbing up against the filthy shopping cart. And I'm looking all around - it's a busy store - to see if anyone else is noticing this; if I'm the only one who finds this insane. The woman with the baby - no idea if it was mom or grandmother or babysitter - looks fairly normal. She's got all her clothes on. Doesn't seem drunk or anything odd. And I'm just totally flipping out about this. What could posses someone to take a baby out like that? And although I can't think of anything I could have done about it, I do really worry for the safety of that child because if someone thought taking a baby out like that was okay, who know what else they might think is okay. I told DH. He say it's weird and gross but I'm overreacting. Am I???

Oh that was me. I did it just to see if I could start an inane thread on imamother with comments from women who have nothing better to do than judge others.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 10:28 pm
amother wrote:
Oh that was me. I did it just to see if I could start an inane thread on imamother with comments from women who have nothing better to do than judge others.

Bravo! You had time to go to the store with your neked baby AND post a snarky remark here.

You were saying about women having nothing better to do???

Rolling Eyes

leopardspots

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 11:40 pm
Nothing about that is normal. Poor baby Sad
I agree with the PP who said to call 911. Major alarm bells are going off in my head.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette