Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cannot figure this out! Need help with 7MO
Previous  1  2

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:02 pm
I had a similar issue with my baby. I had cut out dairy, soy and wheat but things only improved when I really made sure to read all labels (almost every manufactured item has soy, soy lecithin or soybean oil (vegetable oil)).
It's not easy but maybe you can try this venue.
Good luck

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:28 pm
please also keep in mind that zantec dosage is extremely weight sensitive. Please make sure that your child is getting the correct dosage.
http://www.baby-medical-questi......html

my third DD was a "elecare" baby- always crying. I felt bad but CIO is the only thing that worked.

Queen6

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 6:53 pm
There is nothing wrong with a baby that spits up. It's fine. Zantac however is not fine. Its real medicine - why should a tiny baby have it? Plus it's not working. Give the baby something natural like Gripe water or tea to sooth.
Second issue is start to sleep train. In another room.
Third start to feed solids.
Slowly the issue should resolve.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 8:14 pm
MadameX wrote:
I don't eat soy and the only wheat I eat is Matza on shabbos. So I will eliminate my cup of milk and hopefully that will do it. Thank you!

I never had this. Going off dairy chocolate and caffeine did the trick for me. But my friend did have to go off soy when nursing. And she showed me how soy comes up in the ingredients of so many products! So read labels. She taught me also that it might read soy lecithin and even bakery products like knishes might contain it.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 8:35 pm
MadameX wrote:
I do not have dairy at all besides for a cup of milk in the morning. But I guess it is worth a shot
That's the amount I had when I saw the difference. I'm not talking about heavy doses of dairy. If I ate cereal and milk in the morning, that day saw tons of spitting up. if I ate a half yogurt, same. only butter spread on bread didn't cause an obvious result. try it for a few days, not only one, in order to see if it has any effect.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 8:35 pm
Zantac did zero for my baby's reflux...Prevacid and mylanta helped enormously.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:16 pm
This too shall pass. I had one like this, it takes about a year. figure you only have a little while more to go.

Maybe you should try to stop nursing him. Maybe a sensitive formula would work better.

MadameX

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:19 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
Is he spitting up, or projectile vomiting?

If he is vomiting two hours after a meal, go to fpiesfoundation.org

It may be Food Protein Induced Enterocolitis Syndrome.

It is spitting up, definitely not vomiting. Never head of Food Protein Induced Entercolitis. I will look into it. TY

MadameX

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:22 pm
cinnabuns wrote:
Tomatoes in all shapes and forms make reflux worse. My baby had silent reflux, once I had her on prevacid she was a happy camper Smile she still can't handle dairy (8 months)

Would ketchup affect the same as tomatoes?

MadameX

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:25 pm
gibberish wrote:
What about your baby? What formulas is he/she on? Any dairy? What foods does he/she eat? You will need to look at your baby's diet as well as yours. BTW - many packaged foods contain soy.

Baby, who is 7 MO, is nursing and just started solids not too long ago. So far I am only giving fruits/veggie purees and rice cereals. This has been ongoing so I doubt it is related to his diet since he only starting eating solids recently.
He hasn't had formula

MadameX

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:
I had a similar issue with my baby. I had cut out dairy, soy and wheat but things only improved when I really made sure to read all labels (almost every manufactured item has soy, soy lecithin or soybean oil (vegetable oil)).
It's not easy but maybe you can try this venue.
Good luck

Wow I have not thought of that! Thank you for the tip. I didn't grow up with allergies so I only associate soy with soy sauce and things like tofu. TY for the tip!

MadameX

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:31 pm
amother wrote:
That's the amount I had when I saw the difference. I'm not talking about heavy doses of dairy. If I ate cereal and milk in the morning, that day saw tons of spitting up. if I ate a half yogurt, same. only butter spread on bread didn't cause an obvious result. try it for a few days, not only one, in order to see if it has any effect.

TY that is very encouraging. I dreaded the idea of cutting out my one cup of morning coffee (the cup of milk I was mentioning is for my coffee), especially if it wouldn't make a difference. But now that I read that it DOES make a difference, I feel OK with cutting it out.

momwifedaughter

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:38 pm
theres a lady inmonroe..her name is bassul. She could dowse over phone and is extremely accurate. My family uses her for anything. She cld tell u what foods trigger ur baby and whic formula or med is good for him. Good luck. Coming from that road..

momwifedaughter

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 9:40 pm
theres a lady inmonroe..her name is bassul. She could dowse over phone and is extremely accurate. My family uses her for anything. She cld tell u what foods trigger ur baby and whic formula or med is good for him. Good luck. Coming from that road..

Sarah f

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 4:55 am
have you checked his/her ears? my niece did that till they checked, gave her grommets/tubes and she was a different child

cinnabuns

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 9:13 pm
MadameX wrote:
Would ketchup affect the same as tomatoes?

Yes, definitely. All sauces. I once had a burger made from about 2lbs of meat, that had one tbls of ketchup, and it affected her terribly Sad
Check online how to prevent heartburn in adults, it's the same thing that your baby gets..

cinnabuns

Post Tue, Nov 08 2016, 9:14 pm
Good luck, having an uncomfortable baby is hard Sad
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics