Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Straight from the Heart
Previous  1  2

bnm

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:01 am
Thank you for touching base. I still think of you - I only logged into Imamother because MamaBear mentioned on fb that you posted. I hope you find a place where you feel comfortable in your own skin.

GetReal

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 10:12 am
Thanks for posting, I've also thought of you over the years. You have such a beautiful neshama and as you journey physically, emotionally and spiritually I hope that Hashem helps you find peace of mind. We're here for you.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:01 pm
bnm wrote:
Thank you for touching base. I still think of you - I only logged into Imamother because MamaBear mentioned on fb that you posted. I hope you find a place where you feel comfortable in your own skin.

I miss you!

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:01 pm
GetReal wrote:
Thanks for posting, I've also thought of you over the years. You have such a beautiful neshama and as you journey physically, emotionally and spiritually I hope that Hashem helps you find peace of mind. We're here for you.

Thank you:)

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:07 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
Welcome back!
It's so great to have you back.
I have a saying I share with people that want to pick up and move suddenly because of some life event:

"Wherever you go- there you are!"

Just plant your feet somewhere and get started on the next journey of your life.
May the coming years be filled with peace, serenity, health and joy.

Who wouldve thought that having so many options was a bad thing? As a free white woman, as a jewish woman who does not have a husband or the need for a minyan, etc. I can live anywhere in the world living off of tuna and fruit lol.
So where should I go next?? My mother thinks costa rica is a good idea lol

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:14 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
ohmygosh!!!
Your post made me cry and laugh!
Cry because... after you disappeared off the face of the earth I was stunned and concerned.
I "facebook stalked" you from time to time out of concern and saw that you were living in Dubai.
I was like, wow!! I can understand why she went OTD - you've been through SO MUCH in your young life, and there is so much confusion and grief - but Dubai? The Arab world? I was so confused. And nervous. But who was I to ask.
This post now came out of left field. I am so happy to hear that your'e alive and relatively well. And that you're coming 'home'. Where this journey will lead you, who knows. But it's a start.
So glad to hear from you. ((HUGS)) I hope you will find the strength you need, the right people to guide you, and the right place to finally call home.
And then, of course, you really need to be interviewed for an article in one of the magazines!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Mama bear! my mama bear!!!
add me on fb again!
Dubai actually isnt as arab as you would think...I met only two emirati nationals the whole time I was there, one of them on the plane leaving dubai! The majority of the people there are Pakistani/Indian/Philipino/and English.

I was actually just interviewed by a non jewish friend/friend of Israel. She writes about connecting cultures. So shes doing a 2 piece article on me when I was frum- transition to litvish to chassidish. And one on the arab side of the past 4 years.
Feel free to PM me to interview! lol
I am starting to write my long awaited book now...

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:18 pm
sourstix wrote:
Clarivka I definitely remember your screename. I was wondering for a while now that there are so many posters that I don't really see anymore and I couldn't name them. Now I know it was you amongst others.

Just a small question, why wouldn't ami take you back? I'm assuming bec they moved onto other types of things. Welcome back!

I understood that they would not take me back due to my inability to be counted upon to send articles advance enough. Which I understand. I was all over the place then.

What bothers me is that I gave them an idea. That column alone was the reason so many bought the magazine every week! And they will not give me any royalty rights....That's my issue. and the fact that the editors in chief nor Victoria Dwek will respond to any of my emails. Sad

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:19 pm
ESB wrote:
Welcome back to this side of the world rivky! Boy do I miss you! You've written a great article, I accept your apologies lol! I hope you finally find inner peace and start really enjoying life! Loads of luck, im here for you!

HOW ARE YOU????!!!!

bnm

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 12:41 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
I miss you!

I'm around. If your ever in Brooklyn again message me and I'll come meet you wherever.

ESB

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 1:51 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
HOW ARE YOU????!!!!

I'm good... wanna catch up? Not publicly though...

lkwdlady

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 2:17 pm
wow ... heavy stuff.... I remember your posts and over the years have wondered what happened to you. Especially if I would click on an old thread and read a post by you - I would wonder how you could have completely disappeared. I hope you find peace of mind real soon.

Zehava

Post Fri, Nov 04 2016, 2:28 pm
Hi! I don't know you I must've joined after you left.
It seems you have an amazing real life community here...
But if you need another friend I will accept you with all your different sides frum/frie jewish/arab we all bleed the same blood and cry the same tears.
Your journey is a fascinating one...

zissy2004

Post Sat, Nov 05 2016, 5:26 pm
Rivky Rivky!!! Oh how excited I was to hear that you resurfaced! What a story! I'm not sure you remember me though Smile
If you're in Europe, you're heartily invited to come stay by me Very Happy
Wishing you lots of menuchas hanefesh and may you find your HOME soon. Heart Heart

minnie mouse

Post Wed, Nov 09 2016, 5:21 pm
I'm from the quieter members here, but your story sounds unreal! Its amazing how far you have come, what amazing strength of character! With time, you should publish your life story, it will surely give lots of chizzuk to many.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics