Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
TRUMP WON!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 3:44 am
amother wrote:
This is incredibly spiteful. Do you realize that Hillary was Bill's first victim?

Yes, she is the wife of an SA or whatever diagnosis you want to pin on him. Or just call him a cheating jerk. But SHE was the one cheated on. Can decent people please stop using the worst moments in her life against her?

He was accused of s-xual assault, not just cheating.

His behavior isn't her fault, but it did put her in a position where she couldn't bash Trump without looking like a hypocrite. It'd be hard for her to credibly claim to be disgusted by men who s-xually harass women when she's married to one.

Again, if it were "just" cheating, it'd be different.

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 3:47 am
chaiz wrote:
Fox, I really respect you and your views. But I really feel the need to speak out. I do not classify myself as a liberal and do not identify with some of the big issues the left has on their agenda. But how can anyone justify Trump's behavior? That is what is really getting to me. Do not give me this idea of marginalized, underserved, unprivileged people who have been messed up by the system. Plenty of Trump supporters are not that at all. Furthermore, even if they have been messed up by the defending, justifying and whitewashing of some of his crazy behavior is just too much. Holding your nose is not define by claiming that what he did was b'seder. Never mind the sheer hypocrisy of some of the allegations leveled at Hillary.

Trump got over 59.6 million votes. There's plenty of room for "plenty" of his supporters to not be underprivileged, while many millions are.

Look at a map of which districts voted Trump v Hillary. I think it's clear that on average Trump's supporters aren't exactly the socioeconomic elite.

ETA - this has nothing to do with justifying Trump's behavior. As far as I understood, Fox wasn't justifying his behavior either. This is about understanding the people who voted for him.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:05 am
I keep hearing and reading how it was the whites who voted for him. It was the uneducated college male who voted for him. that means about 47% (??) of Americans are uneducated white males. I think they forget about the black working class and others who voted for him.
I personally know people who are black or female (or both) or college educated who voted for him.
It feels so racist and sexist the way the are presenting the story.

It was NOT sexist to not vote for Hillary - gosh she made it to the top as it was.
It was NOT racist to vote for Trump - both candidates were white, it isn't racist to vote for someone who is against Obama (as I keep reading).

I think exactly these conversations are what created the uprising that voted for Trump.

Does anyone really trust polls anymore in America? The same polls that are telling you who voted for Trump, gave HRC a 85% chance of winning the night of the election. They didn't ask me any questions when I left the polls - my educated female vote wasn't included in any polls.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
I keep hearing and reading how it was the whites who voted for him. It was the uneducated college male who voted for him. that means about 47% (??) of Americans are uneducated white males. I think they forget about the black working class and others who voted for him.
I personally know people who are black or female (or both) or college educated who voted for him.
It feels so racist and sexist the way the are presenting the story.

It was NOT sexist to not vote for Hillary - gosh she made it to the top as it was.
It was NOT racist to vote for Trump - both candidates were white, it isn't racist to vote for someone who is against Obama (as I keep reading).

Fiorina was not my candidate but wouldn't that have been fun?

sky

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:15 am
And I would love if the media would stop calling me an "Angry white female"

When women voted for Obama did they call them "Angry black females".

It is racist and sexist.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:47 am
sky wrote:
And I would love if the media would stop calling me an "Angry white female"

When women voted for Obama did they call them "Angry black females".

It is racist and sexist.

Don't you know that only white people can be racist? And that it's only acceptable to shame white people and call them "angry" and other derogatory names that you cannot call anyone else? Well, I guess you are now experiencing what white people have been living with for the past few years. And that is exactly what these protests are, the liberal left is basically angry that they couldn't accomplish their goal of destroying white people altogether so they resort to name calling and violence instead to accomplish their obvious "non-racist" goals.

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 11:03 am
My college roommate, an Ivy League grad Jewish Indian computer scientist married to a doctor, voted for Trump and was ecstatic when he won. We have got to stop characterizing everyone who voted for him as white racists!

And a bunch of my evangelical friends reluctantly voted for him because they think he's pro-life. I think they're deluded, but they certainly weren't acting on racist principles!

Fox

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
Yes, everyone wants to know what happened. But what happened isn't your little fantasy of all the gays and blacks and Latinos saying "she didn't way RADICAL ISLAM! Let's vote for the p**** grabber."

I'm not sure why my thesis made you so angry. While I think there's supporting evidence, I'm not married to it, and I'm sure that there plenty of good rebuttals.

My point -- and I'm sure I wasn't succinct enough in expressing it -- was that groups that traditionally voted as a bloc broke down to one degree or another in this election.

If I understand you correctly, you are pointing out that when 75 percent of a given group votes for a particular candidate, that's still a pretty high level of consensus.

I believe we're both correct.

However, when elections are this close, even a tiny segment of voters who unexpectedly cross traditional party lines can make a huge difference.

I had used the example of the LGBT community, but I was reading yesterday about Roman Catholics. Apparently Clinton did much, much worse with the 25 percent of the electorate that identifies as Roman Catholic than previous Democratic candidates and Trump did slightly better.

The Cuban-American community favored Trump by 19 percent in Florida.

Hoteps and quasi-black nationalists pushed hard for Trump in the AA community.

You are correct that many of these groups are statistically insignificant as a percentage of the larger groups with which they identify, but that minority-of-a-minority was what Trump needed to put him over the top.

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
Don't you know that only white people can be racist? And that it's only acceptable to shame white people and call them "angry" and other derogatory names that you cannot call anyone else? Well, I guess you are now experiencing what white people have been living with for the past few years. And that is exactly what these protests are, the liberal left is basically angry that they couldn't accomplish their goal of destroying white people altogether so they resort to name calling and violence instead to accomplish their obvious "non-racist" goals.

... do I want to know?

I've heard the liberal left accused of wanting to destroy family values, Christian values, and democracy, but I hadn't heard of leftists wanting to destroy white people. Except maybe from white supremacists, but they think the right-wing politicians are tools of Zionist oppression, too.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 12:08 pm
I think articles like this are what pushed many to Trump.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/......html
Quote:

Column: Donald Trump won. Let the uneducated have their day.

Raw ego and proud illiteracy have won out and a severely learning-disabled man with a real character problem will be president.

It was pleasure enough for them just to know that they were driving us wild with dismay — by "us," I mean librarians, children's authors, yoga practitioners, Unitarians, birdwatchers, people who make their own pasta, opera goers, the grammar police, people who keep books on their shelves, that bunch. The Trumpers exulted in knowing we were tearing our hair out. They had our number, like a bratty kid who knows exactly how to make you grit your teeth and froth at the mouth.

We liberal elitists are now completely in the clear. The government is in Republican hands. Let them deal with him. Democrats can spend four years raising heirloom tomatoes, meditating, reading Jane Austen, traveling around the country, tasting artisan beers, and let the Republicans build the wall and carry on the trade war with China and deport the undocumented and deal with opioids and we Democrats can go for a long brisk walk and smell the roses.

Unless this is sarcasm and I missed it.

so they are the elite - should be ruling class - and the rest are just uneducated workers who have no clue. Kind of like back in the days of the ruling class and peasants. The workers should just do their work and be quiet.

Most of mainstream media I think should be examining how out of touch they are with those out of the big cities.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics