Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I'm happy Trump won!
Previous  1  2  3  4

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 12:29 pm
tryinghard wrote:
Even if you are right that this would reduce healthcare costs, it would only lower standards of care if you lower the bar for becoming a doctor.

I disagree.

There are thousands of young people who are brilliant, and could be excellent doctors. Some of them go do foreign medical schools. Others find other professions.

Last year, 20,631 people matriculated into medical school in the US, out of 781,602 applications. I'm pretty sure that there were another 4000 qualified applicants.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 1:22 pm
rfeig613 wrote:
Diversity does not benefit us.

BLM is an antisemitic movement that supports a Palestinian State.

See the following mareh mekom from the liberal Washington Post.

Your typical American white [gentile] who goes to work is not a Jew hater. Entrenched antisemitism is rare among Asians and whites and fairly prevalent among blacks and Latinos.

It's time for people like you to stop being meatheads and to start eating crow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....inos/

Just as all Trump supporters are not racist, all BLM activists are not racist.

Yes, the BDS and pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel provisions were adopted into the BLM platform. These do not represent the position of all BLM activists, or even a majority.

IME in working with BLM organizers, I have found that Jewish allies are appreciated and respected. A number have apologized for the anti-Semitic platform provisions. I also hope that seeing Jewish people come out to participate in the BLM movement helps to dispel any stereotype of Jews. Building individual relationships across groups helps to combat prejudice.

As an American and Jew, I believe that I must work to combat structural racism, whoever the victim group is. I am not alone. Jews were active in the fight against Apartheid in South Africa. I also believe that my work helps to combat anti-Semitism.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics