Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Very low fodmap vegetable recipe?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 9:40 pm
Can anyone share a very low fodmap vegetable recipe?
Thanks.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 10:02 pm
Following. I don't know a lot about fodmaps but I have digestive trouble and I should probably look into it. I just think that life without fried onions is probably not worth living.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 10:17 pm
following

tichellady

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 10:44 pm
this is what I remember- when I was on the diet I used olives, cilantro, basil, the geeen part of scallions, nutritional yeast, curry powder (without garlic) tomatoes and roasted red pepper for flavor . I remember making baby bok choy with cilantro and coconut aminos, zuchinni with lots of basil, carrot squash soup with ginger and orange juice, sweet potatoes with lime, chili powder and salt, butternut squash with green olives, tomatoes, honey and basil, roasted green beans with almonds and lemon and scallions, and roasted yellow squash with a roasted pepper dressing. I hope this helps

tichellady

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 10:49 pm
oh and you can use soy sauce and maple syrup so can cook veggies with that and ginger- yum!

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 12:50 pm
So you're saying the green part of scallions are tolerated by people who need to avoid fodmaps? And not the white part?

tichellady

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 1:28 pm
amother wrote:
So you're saying the green part of scallions are tolerated by people who need to avoid fodmaps? And not the white part?

right, see: http://fodmapmonash.blogspot.c.....l?m=1

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 2:59 pm
Green beans with soy sauce, olive oil and sesame seeds
Roasted carrots (using just a bit of olive oil)
Roasted eggplant

tichellady

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 3:47 pm
amother wrote:
Following. I don't know a lot about fodmaps but I have digestive trouble and I should probably look into it. I just think that life without fried onions is probably not worth living.

you can try it for a few weeks and then make that decision. I realized from the diet that a few things really hurt my stomach but a lot of fodmaps are ok for me (not great but not bad). cauliflower, jicama, jerusalem artichokes, raw cabbage, and brussels sprouts are no longer part of my diet but I use garlic and onion etc and am fine
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking