Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are you 29?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:30 am
So im 29 and ahhhhh turning 30 soon. I am married for five yrs, have three delicious children and work 30 hrs a week in the accounting dept of a frum org. Its a total dead end job but its so close to my apt and the hours are decent so im not leaving. I always said I want to own a house by time Im 30 but haha I still in brooklyn saying its not a.long term plan but not even looking to move yet cuz.dh in school.still. what does your life look like at 29 or what did it look like? Most specifically were owning or renting

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:37 am
I'm 29. I really like how my life is, BH. Married with children. I also hope to buy a house one day, but for now we're renting. I'm okay with that, as I never decided that I wanted to own a home before I reached any certain age. Other milestones are more important to me. I used to almost dread my 30s, thinking I had to have everything together by then. But now I kind of look forward to it. 30 doesn't have the same social pressures as 20, at least not in the same way.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:44 am
I was single at 29, but I had bought my apartment the year before, when I was 28

kb

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:59 am
Op, if you aren't settled, you can't buy a house. Would it make you feel better to research a few areas you may end up, lettuce houses in the areas, talk to a mortgage broker and set some money away for the one- day down-payment. So you'll feel more like you can buy a house when you're ready, vs you didn't buy a house yet.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:12 am
I'm 29. Married 9 years, a few kids bh. We will be buying in the next year or so. I'm not where I'd like to be professionally, but that's due to having kids so young. Sometimes I feel down about it when I see so many of my classmates being so professionally accomplished, but atthe end of the day, I'm glad I had my kids early. I can always ramp things up at work later; when it comes to having children, your time is finite.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:05 pm
At 29 I had been married for three years, been a mother for one year. And now, it is 10 years later and only now are we buying a house. There was nothing to buy in the area that we wanted to live in for a long time. Then there was but we werent sure, and now we bought, so at 29? We were deep into renting a place (now up to our 6th rental and BH last one. we move in very soon to our bought home)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:31 pm
I'm 30, married 9 years with two kids. Life is great, b"H, despite complex SIF and challenging (but delicious and b"H healthy) kids. DH is a real go-getter and has a great job, we've made some wise investments, and I work part-time from home doing what I love and keeping the kids home until age 3.

We've owned our home for almost 3 years now, in Lakewood. We bought it when prices were down and did a lot of renovations, but its value is way up now and we're starting to consider expanding it in the near future (and hoping to fill it up with children, iy"H).

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:13 pm
Yes, I've been 29 for many years now. If I don't like this year's version of 29, there's always hope for a better 29 next year! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics