Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
You really think your baking challah means somethings!
Previous  1  2

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 10:43 am
This is the strangest thing I've ever heard..? How insecure are people? (not the op - the ones snobbing her out). I don't mean to invalidate you, but could it possibly be your perception? Again, not because I don't believe you, I just seriously have a hard time believing that adults can be so immature. It must be so hard. Hope moving is a possibility for you. I can assure you most neighborhoods are not like this! I'm not exactly the friendliest person but this is a bit extreme. Honestly don't know/care about who rents, and glad for my kids to play with anyone, just happen to not love the socializing myself.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
Wow, the only place I've heard of people putting renters down is in Lakewood.

I've NEVER encountered this in Lakewood.

mommyla

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 11:07 am
Chayalle wrote:
I've NEVER encountered this in Lakewood.

I have. In a development that shall remain unnamed. I've since moved to a neighborhood that I love and I'm thrilled, but we spent way too many years renting in a snobbish neighborhood where "basement families" were absolutely second-class citizens. Unfortunately. And I'm far from hypersensitive, and I've heard similar sentiments from others in other developments.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Nov 11 2016, 2:16 pm
[quote="mommyla"]I have. In a development that shall remain unnamed. I've since moved to a neighborhood that I love and I'm thrilled, but we spent way too many years renting in a snobbish neighborhood where "basement families" were absolutely second-class citizens. Unfortunately. And I'm far from hypersensitive, and I've heard similar sentiments from others in other developments.[/quote

BTDT

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:00 am
Hatred for no reason .... it is no wonder moshiach is not here yet.
Ive always appreciated my neighborhood, but after reading this I appreciate it so much more
Thank you Hash m for leading me to this amazing neighborhood were every one including renters are so warm and freindly
(Btw I live in lkwd - its not all bad)

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 11:21 am
I have had this... I tried returning something that came to my apartment accidentally. (Think mail delivered to wrong place). Neighbor opened the door, grabbed the mail and shut the door as fast as she could. We had little interaction before but not because I didn't try. I said good morning and tried to be friendly.

mommyla

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
Hatred for no reason .... it is no wonder moshiach is not here yet.
Ive always appreciated my neighborhood, but after reading this I appreciate it so much more
Thank you Hash m for leading me to this amazing neighborhood were every one including renters are so warm and freindly
(Btw I live in lkwd - its not all bad)

No, it's not all bad, my wonderful neighborhood is still in Lakewood... you just have to find the right place.

Carmen Luna

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:58 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Can anyone spell chestnut
Just thinking out loud

EXACTLY my thought! That place came right to mind when I read the OP
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette