Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Segulot for developing Chen (charm/grace)

alrl13

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:46 pm
Hi ladies,

Have any of you heard of any sources for how to develop Chen (charm/grace)?

I remember reading about saying the sentence “V’Noach Matza Chein B’Einei Hashem" a certain number of times but I no longer can find that source.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:04 pm
There's this great segulah that if you smile while interacting with other people, Hashem grants you chein in their eyes. I heard it really works!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:08 pm
A bit late for this year but eating the eyes of the head of the fish on Rosh Hashana. I know it sounds gross, my DH grew up fighting over the eyes with his siblings and my kids do the same😊

Chloe

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:31 pm
Saying the first sentence of פרשת האזינו after Shacharis. From האזינו השמים till after כי שם השם.......

newme

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 10:49 am
Two things come to mind:

1) "laánavim Yiten chen..." - humility begets chen / grace

2) I've heard it quoted in the name of Rebbetzin Batsheva Kanievsky, zt"l - that mothers who have the name of H-shem constantly on their lips (meaning: mothers who know to attribute everything in their lives to the Hand of H-shem, and know how to say "Baruch H-shem" and "Bézras H-shem" with meaning), merit that the chen of Yosef Hazaddik will rest on the faces of their children.
I think that in this second context chen is quite literal - they will have beautiful children (Yosef HaZaddik was extraordinarily handsome).

ahuva06

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 11:33 am
Daven.

Best and most effective segula ever.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 12:21 pm
seeker wrote:
There's this great segulah that if you smile while interacting with other people, Hashem grants you chein in their eyes. I heard it really works!

And it works even better if you're sincerely interested in them, their ideas, and their conversation at the time.

treestump

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 12:23 pm
A great segulah I heard about a few times is to read How to Win Friends and Influence People with a lot of kavanah.

water_bear88

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 1:51 pm
I was going to quote Mishlei with "שקר החן והבל היופי", but I love Seeker's advice.

newme

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 3:35 pm
treestump - reading the most intelligent book won't get you anywhere (even with plenty kavanah) unless you work hard to implement it's wisdom LOL

Jokes aside - even hard work won't get you anywhere without sýata d'shamaya.
So I'd still place my bets on Rebbetzin Kanievsky's advice Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics