Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ramat Givat Zev

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 5:44 pm
Anyone buying there? Know anyone buying there? What kind of environment are you/they looking or expecting to get from it hashkafically?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 10:41 pm
Bump.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 6:30 am
They seem to be marketing to wealthy Americans.
I know only of families connected to Ziv Hatorah who bought there. Also the parents of a family in Agan Ha'ayalot.
Do not rely on being accepted into the schools in Agan Ha'ayalot, it's a different community

canda

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 12:34 am
I am trying to find out similar information but have been unsuccessful so far. I'd really like to hear more about it and if it could be a viable option to consider instead of Ramat Beit Shemesh. If it's going to just be a vacation community for wealthy Americans, that's not good for those of us already living in Israel....

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 8:43 am
We won't now until it's built and people move in.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 9:52 am
I have a friend who moved there last summer. Very yeshivish, had been living in E"Y for about 10 years already with a growing family. From an American background, but integrates into the Israeli charedi society seamlessly.

lech lecha08

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 4:11 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I have a friend who moved there last summer. Very yeshivish, had been living in E"Y for about 10 years already with a growing family. From an American background, but integrates into the Israeli charedi society seamlessly.

You probably mean Givat Zev Hacadash (Agan Ayalot). Ramat Givat Zev only recently started being built. It will be awhile before anyone can actually move in

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 4:33 pm
I am one of the Americans being marketed to. My impression is that the houses are almost exclusively people, whether Israeli or currently American, who plan to live there full time. The apartments are more complicated. There's a lot of people like us who would like to live there full time but don't know when we'll be able to manage it, and who might give it to married kids in the meantime or rent it out.

But the hashkafah is hard to pin down. My feeling is chardal, but I know some people closer to regular dati leumi, and some of the married kids are more chareidi. I don't know the balance, or whether it's going to be a big mix that works well. I do know that from America, there's a lot of Five Towns, but there's a huge range there.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:19 pm
Anyone with some updates information?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:34 pm
If you mean Givat Zev Hacadash (Agan Ayalot) my brother is there and extremely happy. He has a very nice bunch of friends just like him, yeshivish americans aged 25-35 that made aliyah.

lech lecha08

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:39 pm
Ramat GZ is still in process of being built. No one lives there yet.
I only know what I've read in ads but do not rely on those. They are greatly exaggerating how quickly you can get to Yerushalayim from there

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone with some updates information?
from my mirpeset I see dirt being moved around and some trees have been planted. It looks like they put up some buildings for photo ops.
I have seen that the parents of some Americans in Agan Hayalot have bought there. They are generally somewhat more modern.
They paved one street halfway up the pile of dirt.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:00 pm
Its a few years down the road since the original questions where posted. Any new information on who is movig in there abd hashkagically what it looks like?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 1:51 am
People first moved in in Elul. It’s separate, so we haven’t ventured over.
The feeling is that it’s slightly more modern than Agan Ha’ayalot, but I honestly don’t know. They have a shulatleast on shabbos. I think some girls are in school here. No boys in my boys' classes, but that doesn’t mean anything. There is a bus that goes to the entrance to RGZ, but not all the way through it. It looks like about 7 buildings are inhabited.

miri18

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 7:19 am
Thanks. I keep hopig to find someone who is actually planning on living there to figure out if its for us or not. Probably a few more months have to pass to get a better idea. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions