Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bad underarm odor on 4 year old boy...is this normal??

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 5:36 pm
Whenever my son sweats in his underarm area, it smells really bad...almost like an older guy would smell if he would get sweaty without wearing any deodorant. Should I be concerned? Did anyone else have this issue with any of their children?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 5:46 pm
http://www.babycenter.com/400_.....09.bc

Here's another online thread about this. Some parents seem to have found a correlation with a dairy allergy and body odor at that age.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 6:13 pm
My almost six year old smells like a teenager in the summer mainly. We increased the baths and showers and uses deodorant.

Dandelion1

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 6:25 pm
I would check with the pediatrician anyway.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
http://www.babycenter.com/400_my-4-year-old-has-very-adult-body-odor_2325665_309.bc

Here's another online thread about this. Some parents seem to have found a correlation with a dairy allergy and body odor at that age.

This is fascinating! I have a friend who switched to goat's milk and cheese, and avoids cow dairy at all costs. She says that she hasn't needed deodorant in years. DD loves all kinds of dairy, and is super stinky (but she's also a hormonal teenager.)

I read a really scary study about the correlation between deodorant use and breast cancer. It blocks your body's way of releasing toxins, and so the nearest lymph nodes have to absorb them. Your lymph nodes also absorb all the chemicals in the deodorant, and eventually, it all piles up in there and can trigger abnormal cell growth. In countries where women do not use fancy body products, the rate of breast cancer is a lot lower than in more modern countries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics